Kendal Calling All Artists
Do you have an exceptional idea for an original outdoor festival decor piece or art installation? If so, this commissioning opportunity may be for you!
Kendal Calling is a music & arts festival, held annually at Lowther Deer Park in the Lake District, Cumbria in the North West of England.
It has grown from a two-day, 900 capacity event in 2006 to a 25,000 capacity 4-day music festival. This year for our onsite creative content we have teamed up with Visual Architects a Manchester based company who provide creative event decor and fit out solutions for festivals, taking the ordinary to the extraordinary they deliver projects across the world developing and installing concepts to give a signature brand experience.
Launching our new micro- commissioning programme we are selecting a few creatives, makers and fabricators that have an exciting idea for a new piece of decor for outdoor spaces to join the team at the end of July.
The commissions offer investment, support, and a FREE ticket to the festival. We want to offer a platform for creatives to create fun engaging site specific work for the festival that will be exhibited at the festival in the main arena and promoted and through our channels.
Selected artists will be partnered Visual Architects who will support them through design concept and construction to installation finished by Monday 25th July.
Commission: Each commission will receive up to £1000 in support of their project.
Deadline: 1st July
What we are offering:
● £3000 cash investment.
● Marketing, production and technical support
● Consultation on design and construction
● Space and access to workshop, tools to build
What we are looking for:
● To commission a creative with an interest and understanding of working outdoors.
● Present the piece as part of Festival 28th -31 July
● Finished work by the 25th July (the Monday before the festival)
● We are looking for work that entertains and engages a diverse audience – something which might appeal (and be suitable) to both adults and families.
● We are looking for work that is self-sufficient (i.e. not requiring large amounts of technical support).
● We are open to applications for work from all disciplines and genres, including 3D Design, digital, street mural, mixed media, sculpture, decorative arts
● The final piece can be static or kinetic but able to be installed outdoors
● This fund is for artists based in the UK and over the age of 16.
● The cash investment is to cover artists’ time, resources for the project and fees for any partners the artist brings into the project.
● The decor should be for a main area, but can be located anywhere. Please bear in mind that the site is notoriously sloped and hilly!
This opportunity is in partnership with Visual Architects.