Rodney Street Tennis and Tutoring Association (RodneyStreet) uses positive behavior management to ensure that all children are treated equally with respect. Our staff is trained to treat all our participants with care and respect. Throughout the summer our participants will engage in various educational and recreational activities. An emphasis will be put on positive behavior intervention and supports. We will put an emphasis on positive approaches to encourage good behavior. All children will be held to the same standard, and we encourage parents to go over the expectations and program rules. Many of our rules are designed to keep all children safe while respecting boundaries for all.
RodneyStreet has an Anti-Bully policy: Bullying of any children at RodneyStreet is immediate grounds for expulsion of the program. All children should feel safe and respected while in our program. At no time should a child be fearful of any other person while here. Please have a conversation with your child about bullying and if you need any assistance, please feel free to talk to any of the administrative staff.
Medication: If your child has been prescribed medication for any reason, please ensure that they take them. If your child has been diagnosed with ADD or ADHD please inform the program manager immediately so that we can assess whether RodneyStreet is the right fit for your child. If your child has asthma or any diagnosed affliction that needs medication to be taken at the program, please ensure that we have his/her medical plan and medication.
Below is a list of infractions and possible consequences for your child if they frequently exhibit these behaviors:
- Fighting: RodneyStreet has zero tolerance for fighting. Your child can be suspended from the program for a minimum of 2 days. If your child frequently hits other children, they will be removed from the program.
- Bullying: If your child has been found to have bullied another child, they will be suspended from the program a minimum of 1 day. If they are continuously bullying other children or one child, they will be removed from the program.
- Cursing: Children caught continuously using profanity will be given time-out from activities and parents will be notified. We encourage parents to please have conversations about using inappropriate language.
- Disrespectful actions towards staff: Children who often defy staff directives and exhibit a lack of respect for staff can and will be suspended or removed from the program. Your child needs to understand that most directives coming from staff are either for their own safety or due to program structure.
- Running away: Children who run from the staff on outings, program areas or attempt to run out of buildings will be either suspended or removed from the program. It is highly unsafe for children to run from staff at any time. Please let us know if your child has the tendency to run if they get upset or flustered.
- Hitting of staff: If your child hits a staff at any time, it is grounds for removal from the program. If your child is fighting other children and the staff break it up the staff should not be subjected to your child taking their anger or frustrations on them.
- Destruction of property: If your child destroys program property on purpose it will be the parent’s responsibility to replace that item. The child will also be suspended for a minimum of 2 days or removed from the program.
- Continuous behavior issues: If your child is a constant behavior problem and has been suspended multiple times for breaking program rules they could be removed from the program.
My signature below confirms I have read and understand the RodneyStreet Behavior Management Guide.