What would it take to create a culture of innovation and deeper learning in your school? How might we transform school culture to better prepare all students for post-secondary education, career, and civic life?
Catalyst is pleased to offer a complimentary professional learning fellowship for Northern Ireland school leaders. Based on the tools of School Retool (a programme of the Stanford d.school and IDEO) and customised for Northern Ireland school leaders, the fellowship is an opportunity to develop your hacking and equity mindsets and apply a design thinking-based approach to your leadership as you meet and work with other like-minded school leaders.
We are looking for teams of two (a principal and vice principal or other member of the leadership team) from secondary and grammar schools to join us on a learning journey. This fellowship is for you if you are:
- A school leader at a post-primary school in Northern Ireland looking for new ways to get started making change in your school.
- Eager to collaborate and learn with other school leaders in a highly interactive adult learning experience.
- Seeking to ensure that students furthest from opportunity are served by your school.
- Looking for ways strengthen your school’s connection to local industry.
- Ready to explore how a design-thinking based approach could inform your practice.
- Willing to give feedback to make this an even better learning experience for other NI leaders.
As a Catalyst Schools cohort member, you will engage in:
3 full-day workshops at Catalyst, or another location
· Cohort 1: Oct 21, Nov 18, Dec 2
· Cohort 2: Nov 4, Nov 25, Dec 9
- 1 full-day to shadow a student in your school between Workshop 1 and Workshop 2
- Approximately 1-2 hours per week implementing what you're learning in your school
- Activities to promote engagement and meaningful connections between schools and local businesses
Apply now! Applications are reviewed on a rolling basis, so if you are interested, please apply as soon as possible.
If you have any questions, email firstname.lastname@example.org