PCL- 5 CHECKLIST
Instructions: Below is a list of problems that people sometimes have in response to a very stressful experience. Please read each problem carefully and then circle one of the numbers to the right to indicate how much you have been bothered by that problem in the past week.
Name: INTITAL OF FIRST NAME ONLY AND THEN LAST NAME
Initial of First Name ONLY
Format of CPT:
In the past week, how much were you bothered by:
Not at all 0
SA little bit
Quite a bit
1. Repeated, disturbing, and unwanted memories of the stressful experience?
2. Repeated, disturbing dreams of the stressful experience?
3. Suddenly feeling or acting as if the stressful experience were actually happening again (as if you were actually back there reliving it)?
4. Feeling very upset when something reminded you of the
5. Having strong physical reactions when something reminded you of the stressful experience (for example, heart pounding, trouble breathing, sweating)?
6. Avoiding memories, thoughts, or feelings related to the stressful experience?
7. Avoiding external reminders of the stressful experience (for example, people, places, conversations, activities, objects, or
8. Trouble remembering important parts of the stressful
9. Having strong negative beliefs about yourself, other people, or the world (for example, having thoughts such as: I am bad,
there is something seriously wrong with me, no one can be
trusted, the world is completely dangerous)?
10. Blaming yourself or someone else for the stressful experience
or what happened after it?
11. Having strong negative feelings such as fear, horror, anger,
guilt, or shame?
12. Loss of interest in activities that you used to enjoy?
13. Feeling distant or cut off from other people?
14. Trouble experiencing positive feelings (for example, being unable to feel happiness or have loving feelings for people close to you)?
15. Irritable behavior, angry outbursts, or acting aggressively?
16. Taking too many risks or doing things that could cause you
17. Being “superalert” or watchful or on guard?
18. Feeling jumpy or easily startled?
19. Having difficulty concentrating?
20. Trouble falling or staying asleep?
Should be Empty:
Now create your own Jotform - It's free!
Create your own Jotform