PLEASE READ BEFORE CONTINUING TO APPLICATION
In memory of the Washingtons' ministry, AGWM will award up to $5000 per academic year to select Black/African American students who demonstrate viable ministry; intend or demonstrate direction toward serving as career missionaries with AGWM; and are or will be attending a college or university affiliated with or endorsed by the Alliance for AG Higher Education.
- Award amounts will vary but will not exceed $5000 per academic year.
- Amounts awarded will be paid on the student’s behalf directly to the AG college or university.
- Scholarship funds may be used for tuition, required books, fees, supplies, equipment, room and board, and living expenses payable to the AG college or university.
- All scholarship awards must be used by the end of the academic year for which they were paid. Unused funds will be returned to AGWM.
- A Christian person of Black/African American descent
- A U.S. citizen or permanent resident
- Enrolled (or confirmed intention to enroll) as a full-time undergraduate student at an eligible institution
- A declared (or intended) major conducive to future service as a career missionary
- Able to demonstrate viable ministry
- Intention of and direction toward serving as a career missionary with AGWM
- Minimum GPA of 2.50 (high school GPA for incoming freshmen, college/university GPA for all others)
The items below must be completed and received by AGWM by April 30 each year for the
next academic year’s fall or spring enrollment.
- Eddie and Ruth Washington Scholarship Application (this application)
- Personal essay of up to three double-spaced typewritten pages, describing the applicant’s (a) call to missions, (b) career goals, and (c) any challenges faced in pursuit of educational goals this scholarship can assist with
- Eddie and Ruth Washington Scholarship Pastoral Recommendation form from the senior pastor or another member of the pastoral staff of the applicant’s home church
- Two personal reference letters, at least one of which is from (a) a representative of AGWM, (b) a leader of the Assemblies of God National Black Fellowship who knows the applicant personally and supports his or her application, or (c) a person who holds credentials with the General Council, serves on pastoral staff at an Assemblies of God church, knows the applicant personally, and supports his or her application
- Transcripts from high school and any other post-secondary educational institutions attended
- Official reports of ACT or SAT scores, if taken
Items Needed for This Application
- Your personal essay as described above
- A profile photo of yourself
- Contact information for pastoral and personal references as described above