By submitting the application form, you agree to the following terms and conditions:
1. An application for a stall does not guarantee you space at Kaiapoi Christmas Carnival 2021.
The organisers reserve the right to allocate stalls based on the best interests of the event. This includes ensuring a wide variety in the type of stalls at the event.
2. Where we have more applications than we can accommodate for a particular type of stall, past stallholders and locally (North Canterbury) based stallholders will be given first preference.
3. Stallholder placements will not be allocated until payment is received. One reminder will be sent after the final due date (29 September 21). After that, the place will be offered to someone on our waiting list.
4. A cancellation policy applies. Cancellation of your stall prior to 31st October 21 will entitle you to a 50% refund. Cancellation from the 1st November 21 will not entitle you to a refund of your stallholder fee.
5. The event is an open-air event and goes ahead unless the weather makes it unsafe to proceed. It is the stallholder’s responsibility to bring appropriate shelter for their stall. This includes the necessary gazebo and/or table weights.
6. The event organisers reserve the right to cancel in the event of unsafe weather conditions, or if required due to a change in the national Alert Level and/or if there are restrictions on social gatherings. There is no cancellation date if the event is cancelled due to one of these reasons. There is a refund of the amount of $20.00.
7. Kaiapoi Christmas Carnival is aiming to reduce the amount of waste generated by the event. To support that, we are a plastic bag free event. Stallholders will not be able to provide plastic bags for people purchasing items at the event.
8. If selling food, stallholders should, where possible, use locally compostable, reusable or recyclable packaging for their food and drinks. including containers, plates, cups, cutlery and napkins. We will send an information pack to all accepted food stallholders of our recommended requirements on confirmation of your registration being accepted. We appreciate this is a change in 2021 and we ask stallholders to adopt this approach where possible.
9. All stalls selling food are required to register that they are selling food with event organisers.
10. Food must not be given away (except small samples with the purpose of selling products). Any food other than samples must have a charge per item. This is in fairness to non-profit groups who are fundraising for their organisations.
11. We will be running a campaign to encourage attendees to bring their own coffee cups and food containers. In order to support this campaign, you will need to accept the use of people’s own containers (Provided the containers are clean). You will not be expected to clean and sanitise peoples containers.
12. All Food Vendors must have a current mobile food licence, and all compliance certificates are up to date. There will be an audit on the day to ensure these are valid.
13. Generators are required for power which is to be supplied by the vendors. However, we are working to have power supplied to the site this will be confirmed closer to the event.
Set Up and Pack Down:
Instructions and directions by the Event Manager and Marshalls must be followed. The committee and Marshalls will be on-site from 7am for set. All stalls must be operational from 9am - 3pm.
Further information regarding set up and pack down will be sent to Stall Holders on confirmation of Registration.