2021 SALTWATER SISTERS TOURNAMENT RULES
WEATHER: Fish at your discretion
This is a one-day tournament, Saturday September 25,2021 with Awards dinner Saturday night under the Tiki Hut Pavilion. This is a fishing tournament with unlimited anglers per boat. There must be at least 2 persons onboard. Open registration until 5:30pm Friday September 24th, 2021@ Stuart Sailfish Club Tiki Hut located at 3867 SE Evans Terrace, Stuart Fl 34997.
1. All boats must have a VHF Radio with channel 74, have a minimum of two occupants and carry a set of the current tournament rules. Current state and federal fishing license requirements for all anglers and boats must be met.
CHECK OUT/IN: All boats shall Check Out with the Stuart Sailfish Club by calling or texting 772-888-6337. You may leave out of St Lucie, Jupiter or Ft Pierce Inlets beginning at 6:30 AM. All boats shall Check Out with the Stuart Sailfish Club by calling on VHF 74 or 772-888-6337. within ¼ mile of the Inlet they are departing beginning at 6:30 AM". If weighing fish, they must be delivered the fish to the weigh-in station at Pirates Cove Marina docks by boat. The Coast Guard will be notified of any boat not accounted for by 4:30 PM.
2. LINES IN/OUT: Lines in at 7:00 AM. Lines out 3:00 PM. All fish hooked prior to 3:00 PM may be fought until released or landed if the hook up is reported to the Stuart Sailfish Club on VHF 74 or by calling 772-888-6337, prior to 3:00 PM.
3. FISHING & TACKLE: Trolling or drifting with dead, live or artificial baits is permitted. No line test restrictions and wire line is permitted, chumming is not permitted. Six (6) fishing lines maximum per boat, unlimited dredges, and teasers. Maximum leader length is 15 ft., double line maximum is 15 ft., and combined length maximum is 20 ft.
a. Hook and hand is permitted. Once the rod has been handed off the rod may not be transferred again, and the angler must fight the fish unassisted. No other angler or person may touch the rod or line during the fight.
b. For Billfish Only: If natural dead baits are used, only billfish caught with a non-offset circle hook are eligible. J hook caught billfish are eligible only if the J hook was rigged with an all-artificial lure and no dead bait. All caught billfish must be released and must be called in to the Stuart Sailfish Club on VHF 74 or TEXT following release (and declared as a dead or live bait release). The Stuart Sailfish Club will advise an official release time. An official release may be claimed once the leader swivel or knot touches the rod tip or when the mate takes control of the leader. In the event of a tie for billfish the award will be based on the earliest official time of release of the last fish caught.
4. ELIGIBLE FISH: All fish weighed must be Florida Legal Size Limits. Kingfish, Dolphin, Wahoo, Grouper & Snapper – see Florida Recreational Saltwater Fishing Regulations. No mutilated fish. Only eligible fish will be weighed. Only one fish per species per angler will be accepted for weigh-in. Billfish: All must be released, no size limits.
5. BOUNDARIES: All boats must fish within an area bounded to the North by the Ft. Pierce Inlet and to the South by the Jupiter Inlet, no more than 35 miles offshore.
6. WEIGH-IN: Scales will be open from 2:00 PM to 4:00 PM at Pirates Cove Marina. FWC and Federal regulations size and bag limits posted by each state and federal agency will apply to all anglers and species. Any angler not adhering to said regulations will be immediately disqualified. Any fish species of illegal size will not be weighed. Call in any Sailfish release via phone. Release certificate will be issued for each release PHONE # 772-888-6337.
7. AWARDS: Will be based on points equal to 1 pt./lb. of qualifying fish, 50 points for sailfish released on dead bait and 25 points for sailfish released on live bait. Winners will be announced at the Awards Dinner Saturday Night at the Tiki Hut Pavilion 3867 SE Evans Terrace, Stuart FL 34997. We will also announce the winners on Facebook and Instagram.
8. POSTPONEMENT: If there is a postponement due to small craft advisory:
a. Refunds will not be issued due to postponement of the tournament.
b. The captains meeting will not be rescheduled. It will still be held at The Stuart Sailfish Club Tiki Hut at 3867 SE Evans Terrace Stuart FL 34997 on Friday September 24, 2021.
c. The alternative fishing date will be October 2, 2021.
d. If weather is still unfavorable for the dates above, new dates will be published by the Stuart Sailfish Club,at that time.