The mission of The Rotary Club of Dallas is to provide service to others, to identify and support humanitarian projects, to promote high ethical standards, and to advance world understanding, goodwill, and peace through its fellowship of business, professional, and community leaders.
Applying for Membership
We are excited you have decided to join one of the world’s oldest and largest organizations, The Rotary Club of Dallas of Rotary International.
By submitting your application for membership in The Rotary Club of Dallas, you agree to adhere to the Constitution and Bylaws governing the Club, foster the Rotary Spirit, the Four Way Test and live by the code of ethics of Rotary International. These documents can be viewed by visiting www.dallasrotary.org. You also agree to allow your photograph, name, address, phone number and email to be published in our membership roster for distribution only to members of the Club, Club Office and Rotary International. Remember that Rotary is by invitation and classification and your application must be approved by the Board of Directors and submitted to membership for approval.
To begin the application process:
1. Obtain a Rotary Club of Dallas member as a sponsor.
2. Review the application and requirements of membership.
3. Complete the application, provide resume/bio and photo as requested and submit.
4. Your references will be reviewed and contacted.
5. The Board of Directors of the Club will receive your application at their monthly meeting to review and vote on you being accepted into membership.
6. Should your application be approved, you will receive notification from our President, Executive Director and Membership Chair(s).
7. Once the Board has approved your membership, you will be published to the Club for 7 days, per the Club’s Bylaws, after the 7 day waiting period should no objections arise your credit card on file will be charged and you will be a member of the Rotary Club of Dallas.
8. You will receive a formal welcome letter with need to know information.
Requirements & Responsibilities of Membership
To be eligible for membership, a proposed new member must be an adult who is:
1. A leading representative of a business or professional activity.
2. Willing to help and participate in projects that enhance the community.
3. Of good character and good reputation in their business, profession or community.
4. A member of a vocation, business or profession that will not cause the club to exceed classification limits.
Active Members are defined as those who are subject to the classification rules, are required to pay dues, and have voting rights. They must be proposed for membership by existing club members.
Members are expected to:
1. Attend Club meetings, service projects, and events. You only get out of Rotary what you put in.
2. Participate in or otherwise support local or international activities or projects of Rotary.
3. Aspire for leadership or committee roles within the Club.
1. Application fee of $100.00 for new members and free for former Rotarians.
2. Membership dues are paid annually on a fiscal July 1 - June 30 schedule. Commitment for the new year must be made by June 15th of the prior year. Upon your acceptance into the Club you will receive a pro-rated dues invoice. You will have the option of paying your dues annually, semi-annually or quarterly. A small administration fee is applied for semi-annual and quarterly payments.
a. Active Membership $600.00
b. Spouse Membership $350.00 - Spouse of a Rotary Club of Dallas member
c. Corporate Membership $500.00 - First two (2) members from one corporation ($500.00) each additional member from the same corporation ($350.00) - MIN. 2 (TWO) MEMBERS
c. Young Professionals Membership $350.00 - Under 40 years of age, join two (2) committees, and provide 40 hours of community service to the club annually
3. Members are encouraged to voluntarily donate $100 to the Dallas Rotary Club Foundation and $120 to The Rotary Foundation of Rotary International annually.
4. The cost of lunch is $30.00 at the Club meetings; we have a pre-paid meal plan that is $780 for the year.