Please complete the following form in full. If you have any inquiries, you are welcome to address them to:
The marks requested in the following section have to correspond to the learner's latest academic record (report):
GRADE 8 & 9 HAVE NO SUBJECT CHOICES. ALL SUBJECTS ARE COMPULSORY.
SUBJECT CHOICES PROVIDED RELATE ONLY TO APPLICANTS OF GRADE 10 - 12. PLEASE NOTE THAT LIFE ORIENTATION IS COMPULSORY FOR ALL LEARNERS.
PLEASE CHOOSE AS INDICATED BELOW IF YOU ARE APPLYING FOR GRADE 10 - 12.
*ADDITIONAL SUBJECTS OFFERED AFTER HOURS:
EconomicsDramatic ArtsVisual ArtsMusic
BARRIERS TO LEARNING
The following admission requirements and procedure are a reflection of the mission and aims of the school, as determined by the School Governing Body. The Principal, as Executive Manager, must apply them accordingly.
1. Applications close on 24 September 2021, except in extraordinary cases where well-motivated late applications will be considered. Feedback can be expected by 30 September 2021. Completed application forms must be submitted as soon as possible. The prescribed form for admission needs to be completed in full and must be signed by a parent or legal guardian for each learner. A separate application form must be completed for admission to the hostel. Hostel application forms will be made available ONLY AFTER a learner has been admitted to the school.
2. The school will only be responsible for the consideration of applications if the application form has been submitted online, and therefore visible in the online-application register. The school therefore only accepts online applications.
3. Learners may not exceed the prescribed age for a specific grade by more than three years on the date of enrolment.
4. Admission is subject to the verification of the most recent academic record of the learner’s previous school.
5. The following documentation must be attached and uploaded to this completed application form:
6. The learner and the parent/guardian are required to underwrite and uphold the mission, aims and policy of the school by signing an undertaking upon acceptance. These undertakings will be forwarded to parents with the notice of acceptance. Hereby, the acceptance of the admission requirements and submission to the disciplinary rules as well as all other school rules and internal measures are confirmed. Applicants and their parents/guardians must therefore sign the following legally binding documents upon acceptance. (Code of conduct and Drug policy available at www.ferdies.co.za or at the school):
7. The minimum financial responsibilities must be taken care of on the day of enrolment.
8. Exemption of School fees.
These fees are subject to change upon approval of the final 2022 budget (meeting to be held during October 2021).
School fees: *R21 562 per annum. This includes all subject fees, textbooks, photocopies as well as transport for sport and most school events (excluding tours). An initial payment of *R2 200-00 must be made at registration or on the first school day (non-refundable).
The balance can be paid in ten monthly installments of *R1 936-20 from the end of January. On enrolment learners also have to buy, in addition to their school uniform, the compulsory sportswear at a cost of ±R1 000 for the weekly sports period during school hours.
Board and lodging: *R42 854-70 per year or *R10 713-70 per term payable strictly in advance. The school follows the pay-to-stay principle. No exemption for hostel fees. A non-refundable reservation fee of R2 000-00 is payable on registration.
PARTICULARS OF RESPONSIBLE PARTY IF IT HAS NOT YET BEEN PROVIDED IN SECTION B
The SETH Academy aims to:
The aim of the programme is therefore not primarily to improve learners’ marks or to transfer knowledge, but rather to develop skills over a period of five years, to foster the right aptitude and attitude in order to promote future success at university and thereafter in the world of work.
SETH and Enrichment programme options available at Ferdinand Postma High School:
Please, take note that any gr.9-12 Ferdie learner may apply to take part in any of the options. The options are only available from the third term for all gr.8 learners as Option 1 is compulsory during the first and second terms.
Option 1 - Full SETH programme (Compulsory in Term 1 & 2 for Gr.8 learners)
This involves SETH activities on a weekly basis with the emphasis on the development of soft skills that are in demand within the SETH fields of study. Together with these weekly activities, learners will have weekly reading periods using a computerised reading programme. The learners will also receive additional Mathematics and Physical Sciences classes on a weekly rotating basis. Learners will be able to choose between extra-curricular Mathematics- or Alpha Mathematics classes.
Option 2 - Enrichment programme
This includes all enrichment components of option 1 (Reading, Mathematics and Physical Sciences support) without the SETH activities that focus on soft skills.
Option 3 - No participation in the SETH- or Enrichment programme
A learner can still participate in extra-curricular activities offered at the school, but does not participate in any SETH- or Enrichment programmes.
The fees listed for Option 1, 2 and 3 are additional to the school fees per learner and must be paid. No exemptions will be considered. Please note that these amounts are subject to the final approval of the 2022 budget, which will be approved in October 2021.
This fee is payable on a monthly basis over a period of ten months. Option 1 amounts to R680.00 pm per learner, Option 2 amounts to R340.00 pm per learner. The SETH fee for both Option 1 and 2 is paid to the school into the SETH account.
Parents are hereby notified that the Schools Act 84 of 1996 exempts only parents that are financially unable to afford to pay such school fees. Parents who want to apply for exemption must complete the prescribed exemption forms and provide documentary proof as requested by the Governing Body and as stated on the exemption forms. Please, note that such documentation from both parent(s) and/or guardian(s) must accompany the application. The Governing Body also requests parents/guardians who are exempted to immediately advise the school as soon as their financial position improves and they are able to pay school fees. The Governing Body further requests parents/guardians who received exemption to submit documentary proof confirming that their financial position has remained unchanged during the first week of the second, third and fourth terms respectively. Such documentary proof includes proof of all income and/or a sworn affidavit as well as bank statements. All information will be treated confidentially.
END OF APPLICATION FORM
PLEASE SUBMIT YOUR APPLICATION BY CLICKING ON THE LINK BELOW. YOU WILL RECEIVE A COPY OF YOUR APPLICATION VIA E-MAIL.