All are welcome to join us for this educational and eye opening trip to Montgomery, Alabama. The Legacy Museum provides compelling visuals and data-rich exhibits provide a one-of-a-kind opportunity to investigate America's history of racial injustice and its legacy — to draw dynamic connections across generations of Americans impacted by the tragic history of racial inequality. On six-acre site atop a rise overlooking Montgomery, the national lynching memorial is a sacred space for truth-telling and reflection about racial terror in America and its legacy. Click HERE for more info.
• Meet at church at 8:00am to arrive at lynching memorial around 10:00am
• Tour Lynching Memorial until 11:30 or so
• Lunch at Pannie-George’s Restaurant around noon
• Tour museum around 1:00pm
• Load bus to head back to church at 3:30/4:00pm
• Arrival at church around 6:00pm
What to bring, wear, etc.:
• Bring your own water bottle
• You are welcome to bring snacks
• Wear comfortable walking shoes and clothes appropriate for warm weather
• Bring umbrella, in case it rains and to provide shade while touring lynching memorial
• An open, malleable heart and a willingness to gain a new perspective
For questions, contact Donell Seager at firstname.lastname@example.org or (850)723-5781.