BLUE CHIP PROSPECTS
*Coaches: Be sure you are aware of all rules and rule changes.
Blue Chip Prospects reserves the right to amend these rules at any time for specific tournament play.
National Federation Baseball Rules will be enforced with the following exceptions.
IMPORTANT RULES AND INFORMATION
1. All games, and final round playoff games will be played with a strict 1 hour 50 min time limit. No inning can start after two hours. The umpires and staff will keep time.
2. Home team will be determined by a coin toss in pool play and consolation games. The home team be the higher seed in playoff games.
3. All pool games that are tied after 7 innings or the 1 hour 50 min time limit will be recorded a tie.
4. Playoffs: Teams will advance to the playoff rounds in each division based on the following method:
18u: Pool Winners Advance. Seeded 1-4 (two champions- Antonio Division & Donato Division)
16u: Pool Winners Advance. Seeded 1-4
15u: Pool winners from pool A & pool D Advance. Top 2 teams from pool B advance. Seeded 1-4
14u: Top 2 teams advance to Championship
13u: Pool Winners Advance. Seeded 1-3
5. Forfeits: All games must be started with at least 9 players. A game can be finished with 8 players. Once a team establishes it has 8 players it must finish the game with 8 players. The player leaving the original lineup can not return and his spot in the hitting lineup will be recorded as an out! In case of forfeit the winning team will be awarded a winning score of the average runs they scored in all of their pool games vs “0” runs allowed. The losing team will be recorded a 10-0 loss. Any intentional forfeit will result in the forfeiting team being eliminated from the tournament. The tournament committee will rule on intentional forfeits. No team should benefit from the result of a forfeit in an unfair manner. This rule could result in a dispute and the tournament committee reserves the right to look at and rule in the fairest possible way. The committee’s decision will be final! Note: Any team not on the field and prepared to start the game, at game time will give cause for immediate forfeit.
5. Taking Infield: Due to possible time constraints, before game infield will be allowed only when time allows for it. If time allows, teams will be allowed to take infield. It is possible teams will be allowed to take a very short infield in some cases if time allows, but the games must remain on schedule. If fields are soft and/or soggy infield may not be allowed due to facility requests.
6. Official Game: A 7 inning game is deemed to be official if the home team is ahead after 3 ½ innings or the visitors are ahead after 4 complete innings. A tie game is considered official after 3 complete innings.
7. Mercy Rules: 1. the game will end if the visiting team is behind by 12 or more runs after 3.5 innings or the visiting team is ahead by 12 or more runs after 4 complete innings. 2. The game will end if the visiting team is behind by 8 or more runs after 4.5 innings or the visiting team is ahead by 8 or more runs after 5 complete innings.
8. Trips to the mound: The pitcher must be replaced on the 2nd trip to the mound in any inning.
9. Hitting Lineup: Can consist of 9 or 10 batters. The lineup must stay with either 9 or 10 batters (whichever is used) for the entire game. One EH can be used and will be treated like a position player in the game and can change positions and enter the game. A DH can also be used for any player.
10. In case of rain: All rain out games may not be made up depending on time constraints. In case of scheduling changes it is the team’s responsibility, not the tournament committee, to make sure they are aware of the new schedule or any scheduling changes. This information will be posted at the site when it becomes available. Note: No special requests will be honored if rescheduling becomes necessary. All coaches should make sure they have the tournament phone numbers to call for information. If games are cancelled the tie breaking procedures (listed below) will determine Pool winners and championship qualification. In the event play is stopped for any reason before or during the Championship round, first place, second place, third place, etc will be awarded using the tie breaker rules (see tie breaker rules below). Please see our website, www.bluechipprospects.com for any scheduling changes or notifications. Please do not call staff’s cells unless it is last option.
11. Speed up Rule: Is in effect with 2 outs for either the pitcher or catcher. The speed up rule is optional. The runner is either the last batted out or someone not in the lineup
12. Protests: Protests will be heard and ruled on by the tournament committee. The team protesting must make cash payment of $400 at the time of the protest. If the protest is ruled in the protesting teams favor the $400 will be refunded. The ruling made by the committee will be final. All forfeiture monies will be donated to charity.
13. 16u & 18u divisions is a WOOD bat tournament. Wood bats must be composed of a single piece of wood. No Baum Bats. These composite wood bats ARE allowed: AAA Pro Maple Baum Bat (Gold & White editions) and AAA Pro Ash Baum Bat (Gold & White editions)
13u, 14u & 15u divisions are METAL bat- BBCOR only.
14. Roster and Roster Changes: Teams may change their roster up until they start their first game. After that time there will be no roster changes. If a player is listed on more than one roster, the player listed will make a decision as to which roster he is legally on. The decision is up to the individual player. No player can appear in a tournament game for more than one team.
15. Scoring: We recommend that all teams (home and visitor) keep a score book. To eliminate scoring disputes, scorekeepers should check with the official scorer during and after the game. If no scorekeeper is present the home team’s book will be considered official.
16. Sportsmanship: In the interest of maintaining a quality event, the tournament committee reserves the right to reject and person from the site for unruly or unsportsmanlike behavior. Any coach or player who is ejected for the second time during the tournament will be eliminated from participating for the remainder of the tournament.
17. There are no refunds or credits offered for rainouts, game cancellations, or forfeits.
18. Not Covered in the Rules: In the event any item is not covered in the rules, the tournament committee will make the fairest possible ruling and the ruling will be final!
TIE BREAKER RULES
If the score is tied after 7 innings or 1 hour 50 min limit the game will be recorded a tie for both teams.
System used for advancing and seeding out of pool play.
1. Pool play overall record (winning percentage)
2. If two teams are tied – Head to Head winner
3. If three teams are tied – If one team has defeated both other teams, that team advances. If not go to #4
4. Total runs allowed in pool play.
5. If still tied – Total runs scored in pool play
6. If still tied – Total runs allowed subtracting game with most runs allowed in pool play
7. If still tied – Total runs allowed minus two games with most runs allowed in pool play
8. If still tied – Runs scored inning by inning starting with first game until one team has more runs after a complete inning starting with pool games
9. If pool play ends early due to poor weather we will go to best winning percentage to determine the bracket standings. A minimum of 2 games must be played in pool play to be eligible for the playoff round
1. All playoff games will remain with a 1 hour 50 min limit, except the championship game which will have a 2 hour time limit.
2. The higher seed will be deemed the home team in all playoff games.
3. The Mercy Rule is in effect.
TIE BREAKER RULES (for Playoffs only)
1. If after 9 innings and the pre-determined time limit the two teams are still tied, the following tiebreaker rules will go into effect except for the Championship Game.
2. The last three hitters from the previous inning will load the bases.
The baserunners will be placed as follows
· Last hitter from previous inning @ 1st Base
· Hitter before him in the lineup @ 2nd Base
· Hitter before that in the lineup @ 3rd Base
· Normal substitution rules apply to these runners
· The hitting team will start the inning with one out
· Play continues until one team is ahead at the end of an inning
* National Federation Baseball Rules apply in all other cases