Instructor: Ashley Mascenik, along with an associate instructor on the range
Class summary: This 4 hour class combines classroom firearms education and live fire, hands-on experience that is perfect for beginners. No experience necessary to attend. In the classroom portion, we will cover gun safety rules, pistol parts and operations, terminology, loading ammunition into your firearm, appropriate ways to safely handle and operate a handgun, safe storage options, and things to consider when going to purchase a firearm. After a short break, we will head to the pistol bay to go over gun range safety and proceed with live fire target practice. This will all be done in a safe, non-intimdating environment. You will have time to ask any questions you have. Our goal is for you to leave the experience feeling educated, supported, and empowered.
Where & When:
- Women Only* Sunday, May 21st 8:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m. at Red Brush Rifle Range
- Saturday, June 24th 8:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m. at Red Brush Rifle Range
- Women Only* Thursday, July 27th classroom portion 6:00-8:00 p.m. at Red Ghost Gun Shop & Sunday, July 30th range portion 8:00-10:00 a.m. at Red Brush Rifle Range
- Thursday, August 24th classroom portion 6:00-8:00 p.m. at Red Ghost Gun Shop & Saturday, August 26th range portion 8:00-10:00 a.m. at Red Brush Rifle Range
- Women Only* Sunday, September 17th 8:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m. at Red Brush Rifle Range
- Sunday, October 29th 8:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m. at Red Brush Rifle Range
Red Brush Rifle Range is located at 3299 Eble Rd, Newburgh, IN 47630 and a Red Ghost Gun Shop employee will be at the gate to allow admittance in the private club and will provide direction to the indoor classroom area where the class will meet. For classes where only one date is provided, both the classroom and live fire portion of the class will be held here.
Red Ghost Gun Shop is located at 9540 Big Cynthiana Rd, Evansville, IN 47720. For the July & August classes, the classroom portion will be offered in the evening at Red Ghost Gun Shop, and only a brief review and live shooting instruction will be held at Red Brush Rifle Range on the following date (Sunday in July and Saturday in August) so that you're finished earlier to beat the heat and get on with your weekend schedule!
-Closed Toe Shoes
-No Low Cut Shirts
-Ammo - 20 Rounds*
*If you do not have a firearm, that is okay, just mark the question below that you will need one for the class and a selection of hand guns will be available for rent. Ammo will be available for purchase before the class if necessary. Red Ghost Gun Shop's firearms MUST be shot with ammo provided from Red Ghost and will be an additional expense upon arriving at the range.
Class is limited to an enrollment of 12 students.