1. Cooking teams will consist of two (2) persons.
2. Entry fee is $65.00. All cooks will provide their own ingredients, which includes rice, meat, and seasonings for the preliminary heat. For the Final round the festival will provide the meat, sausage, rice and onions only. Cooks will provide all seasonings. No tomato products, including Rotel, or color enhancers!
3. There will be 3 or 4 preliminary heats, which will consist of no more than 20 cooks.
4. Heat times may be subject to change:
Heat 1 - Friday, October 29th, 2:00 p.m.-5:00 p.m.
Heat 2 - Saturday, October 30th, 7:00 a.m.-10:00 a.m.
Heat 3 - Saturday, October 30th, 11:00 a.m.-2:00 p.m.
Heat 4 - Saturday, October 30th, 3:00 p.m.-6:00 p.m.
*Finalists will be announced after the last preliminary heat.
Finals - Sunday, October 31st, 7:30 a.m.-10:30 a.m.
*Champion will be announced Sunday afternoon.
5. Cooking ingredients must include:
NEW-Preliminary: Cooks to furnish all ingredients for the Preliminary rounds: 5 lbs. rice, 3 lbs. sausage, 7 lbs. pork, all seasonings, cooking oil
Finals: Festival will provide:10 lbs. rice, 6 lbs. sausage, 12 lbs. pork (Ingredients will be delivered to the cooking area thirty minutes prior to start time of your heat.) Cooks will provide all seasonings and cooking oil.
6. Cooks must furnish a black iron pot w/metal lid, paddle, utensils, gas burner, propane & bottle.
7. Cooks will be furnished two (2) hinged plates for their own sample, no hand sampling.
8. Cooks will be furnished a double-sided ticket, attached to a small styrofoam container. Cooks will remove half of the ticket and keep it in their possession. No cooks will be allowed to move into the final rounds unless a valid/legible ticket is produced for inspection. At the end of the designated heat time, cooks will promptly place the other half of the ticket on the styrofoam container, place it in the ice chest, and bring the ice chest to the trailer.
9. When the heat is finished, immediately remove utensils for the next heat.
10. Only cooks and helpers are allowed in the cooking area, there will be barricades.
11. Trash barrels are provided to dispose of all trash. It's each cook team's responsibility to leave the cooking area clean and free of trash for the next contestants.
12. Grease containers will be provided for used cooking oil disposal. Absolutely NO cooking oil is to be poured on the ground, in drains, or in the bayou.
13. No trailers will be allowed in the cooking area.
Jambalaya Cook-Off Contact: Eric Babin 225-620-4943