The Nevada Women’s Fund and Power of the Purse:
Established in 1982, the Nevada Women’s Fund(NWF) has championed the needs of women and children in northern Nevada, helping them to reach their full potential. NWF accomplishes this through educational scholarships to individual women and grant funding to local non-profit organizations that share the NWF mission. The NWF Board of Directors is comprised of local community women leaders who share our vision of a bright world for Nevada’s women and families.
The Nevada Women’s Fund’s Power of the Purse is a festive event. Our 800+ guests enjoy shopping from over 50 vendors, food, beverages, and our famous high-end purse raffle. All proceeds from the event support the Nevada Women’s Fund’s mission to strengthen the community by empowering women to improve their lives and those of their families. This will be the 14th annual event. Below are the details for this year's event.
Event Date: Friday November 12, 2021
Time: 5-9 PM
Location: Downtown Reno Ballroom
New Vendor Process:
All vendors and products are subject to approval by the Power of the Purse event planning committee. Local vendors and artists are invited to support the Nevada Women’s Fund through product and merchandise sales at the event. Our goal is to provide the best possible vendor and guest experience. Here is the process for new vendors:
1) Submit a completed agreement to the Nevada Women’s Fund. The agreement will include the vendor's information as well as merchandise and product pictures.
2) The Power of the Purse vendor jury will review all vendor agreements. As part of the jury process, NWF will:
- Limit the number of vendors in each merchandise category to provide an appropriate mix of products and price points.
- Look for the uniqueness of product/merchandise.
- Look for a range of prices in each merchandise category.
- Consider the quality of vendor display.
Vendors will be notified of the jury’s decision on September 17th via e-mail.