Catholic Education Board of Management
34b Belmont Circular Road, Belmont
Tel: 1-868-623-2302;223 7010, 223 8562 Fax: 1-868-624-8940; @cebmtrinidad; Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
A Teacher applying for a position in a Catholic School needs to understand the commitment this involves:
1. The C.E.B.M declares that the School’s under its jurisdiction are Catholic Schools, and in and through them, it seeks to prepare its pupils for the life in accordance with the principles and values of the Roman Catholic Faith.
2. a. The focal point of the whole School is Christ. The Church believe that without faith in Jesus Christ the way, the truth, the life, there cannot be genuine education character formation and human development. As a result, the Board requires of all Teachers appointed to its Schools a personal commitment to this mandate, vocation and profession.
b. Therefore, the Board requires that applicants seeking its recommendation for appointment to the teaching staff of its Catholic Schools will be willing to work within the framework of the Catholic ethos of education.
3. a. The Catholic School assists the church in its mission. The religious Education Programme is an integral part of the curriculum. The principles, truths and ethics of the programme are expected to permeate and activate all aspects of School life, academic and recreational.
b. Consequently, in order to assist teachers in our Catholic School system to be better equipped for their vocation and to prepare them for the teaching of religion, and living out its principles and values, it is required that each one attend periodic sessions offered through the C.E.B.M.
4. The Board relies on all members of staff, both individually and collectively as a team, according to their gifts, talents and strengths to contribute wholeheartedly to fulfilling the total purpose of the school and its mandate.
5. The Board is aware that there exists a pluralism of approach in education and respects each person’s conscience. Teachers will not be required to act against their own conscience or personal philosophy of life, however, where the differences are such as to comprise fundamental principles of the Catholic Ethos of Education as understood and expressed by the Board, the Board expects that the teacher will request a transfer to another School. If not, the Board itself may decide to recommend that a teacher be transferred to another school. (c.f Public Service Regulations. No. 137)
Aspiration for Catholic Education
Our schools are led by principals and teachers who are missionary disciples, steeped in the philosophy of Catholic education who work with parents/guardians to ensure each child achieves his/her full potential as children of God and citizens of Trinidad and Tobago and the world community through excellence in faith, academic, physical, emotional and character formation within excellent facilities.
Having read the above “Aspiration for Catholic Education”, I ____________________________
as an applicant for a teaching post in schools managed by the C.E.B.M, hereby declare that I understand what is required of me as a teacher in a Catholic school. I declare that I am committed to serve the school and the students in my care in accordance with Catholic Principles, as understood and expressed by the board.
I agree that it is in my interest as a teacher in the catholic school system and in the interest of the students that I teach, to participate in the courses and sessions offered through the religious education workshop through the C.E.B.M.
In Accordance with the C.E.B.M policies and procedures on sexual exploitation and abuse (SEA) I commit to zero-tolerance of S.E.A and I understand that I am expected to uphold the highest standards of personal and professional conduct at all times.
Date this day of the lord: ____________________________
Signed: ________________________ ____________________________
Applicant Representative of C.E.B.M