IN CONSIDERATION of being permitted to participate in any way in the sport and activities of paintball OR to enter into an area designated for paintball use during play at Oak Pointe Church Milford, I acknowledge, appreciate and agree that:
1. The risk of injury from the activity and equipment involved in paintball is significant, including the potential for permanent disability and death, and while particular protective equipment and personal discipline will minimize this risk, the risk of serious injury does exist;
2. I knowingly and freely assume all such risks, both known and unknown, even if arising from the negligence of those persons released from liability below, and assume full responsibility for my participation;
3. I understand that the activities of paintball are physically, emotionally and mentally intense. I understand the rules of play and will comply with all rules and regulations. If I observe any unusual or unnecessary hazard during my participation, I will bring such to the attention of the nearest official as soon as practical.
4. I, for myself and on behalf of my heirs, assigns, personal representatives and next of kin, hereby release and hold harmless from liability Oak Pointe Church Milford, the owners and lessors of premises used to conduct the paintball activities, their officers, officials, agents and/or employees (“Release”), with respect to any and all injury, disability, death or loss of damage to person or property, whether caused by negligence of the releasees or otherwise, except that which is the result of gross negligence and /or wanton misconduct.
5. I understand and agree that this Release of Liability Agreement covers each and every paintball activity (to include Oak Pointe Church Milford) and event in which I participate hereafter.
I HAVE READ THIS RELEASE OF LIABILITY AND ASSUMPTION OF RISK AGREEMENT, FULLY UNDERSTAND ITS TERMS, UNDERSTAND THAT I HAVE GIVEN UP SUBSTANTIAL RIGHTS BY SIGNING IT, AND SIGN IT FREELY AND VOLUNTARILY WITHOUT INDUCEMENT.