TTCCH Foster Care FAQ’S
Thank you again for your interest in learning more about fostering! It is such a rewarding experience and a great way to donate your time to very deserving animals. The love, dedication and care these animals receive at our foster homes gives them a chance at a happy life.
Why is foster caring so important?
To give animals who are deemed ‘waste products' by the industry they were born into the opportunity to receive the care and love they deserve and ultimately be adopted into loving forever homes.
Our foster calves:
• Learn to trust people while they wait to get adopted.
• Receive medical treatment; health checks, desexing.
• Have a chance at life.
What are the requirements of becoming a TTCCH foster carer?
• Are aged 18 years or older.
• Be the owner or have permission from the owner to use your property to house animals.
• Have a safe & secure environment for the animals in your care.
• Have reliable transport for emergency vet visits.
• Be able to provide ongoing daily care.
• Read all relevant foster carer information.
• Follow all TTCCH policies and procedures.
Can I foster if I have children or work full-time?
Absolutely! We understand that all our foster carers live busy lives.
We believe that by volunteering to be foster carers, your children will gain invaluable life experiences while helping animals find their furever homes.
For those who work full-time we recommend fostering animals like hens who require minimal care. It is possible to work part-time and care for animals like calves who require more time and commitment. But it’s important to know there will occasionally be times when animals are sick and require additional care.
How long will the animals be in my care?
Unfortunately, we are unable to provide specific dates each animal will be adopted. Each circumstance is unique, but we do our very best to keep you updated. We do get a general idea on when the animals do get rehomed, for example for calves it is usually between 2- 40 days and hens can be rehomed in a month depending on where you live.
Does TTCCH cover all costs?
We provide all supplies! Any bedding, food, vet care, all we require from you is time and love!