1. Student acknowledges that the primary purpose of Work-Based Learning is educational and, therefore, agrees to abide by the Work-Based Learning (WBL) program policies and decisions of the WBL Coordinator, including those regarding specific job placements.
2. Students acknowledges that the school, through the WBL Coordinator, is acting as an intermediary between the training mentor and student and that the WBL Coordinator has a legitimate right to know and a significant role in determining the outcome of any placement issues including, termination, scheduling, assignments, and all other aspects of student placement.
3. Work-Bases students who fail to perform satisfactorily in all subjects areas during any grading period and who fail to improve during the next grading period should be asked to resign from his/her placement.
4. A student suspended from school should not be allowed to attend their WBL placement during the suspension. On the second offense he/she may be dropped from the Work-Based Learning program with a loss of a credit.
5. A student must comply with the LEA attendance policy to participate in the program.
6. A student losing his/her WBL placement due to any action deemed unacceptable by the school and WBL Coordinator will be dropped from the program with possible loss of credit.
7. A student whose WBL placement is terminated for any reason is to report to the Work-Based Learning Coordinator. Failure to do so may result in the student being dropped from the WBL program.
8. A student not attending regular school classes and /or the Coop meetings at school cannot work at the WBL site on the day(s) he/she is absent.
9. In case of absence, the student is required to call the WBL Coordinator and his/her training mentor before class or work period.
10. Personal business handled at the WBL placement is prohibited.
11. Friends or family are not to visit the student at the WBL site.
12. A student is to be on time at school as well as the WBL site.
13. Parents should understand the student’s responsibility to the training WBL site and not interfere with the performance of his/her duties.
14. Business rules for dress and personal hygiene will be observed.
15. Since training is the primary objective, a student is expected to remain with the WBL site to which he/she is assigned. Students may resign or change placements only with the express written permission of the WBL Coordinator and following business practices for resignation. Students who fail to follow these procedures are subject to being dropped from the WBL program.