Every Participant Receive a T-Shirt
Grand Champions Receive a Special Gift!
All Teams Receive a Trophy!
Grand Champions Win the County Cup!
Early Bird Registration: $30 per participant by October 1st
On-time Registration: $35 per participant after October 1st
Exhibition: $15 per participant
*Small divisions are 15 or less members. Divisions will be split between small and large as long as there are two or more teams in the division.
*If your routine does not have a “traditional cheer” included in the routine, the team must register in the Music Only Division. The music only division will compete only to cheer music (no stop in music). If your music is continuous and has a cheer “voiceover”, it will still classify as “Music Only”.
*Each level and age group will compete against each other for the County Cup (Grand Champion). One County Cup will be awarded to the highest scoring team in each age group AND in each level. We will award a level 1 Cup and a level 2 Cup in each age category (The mini division will be awarded one Cup because they are not broken up by level).
*For the complete description on level 1 and 2 tumbling rules, please check the tumbling guidelines.
County Battle Divisions
Mini (Small & Large) – Traditional Cheer 5,6,7 years old No tumbling restrictions
Mini (Small & Large) - Music Only 5,6,7 years old No tumbling restrictions
Youth Level 1 (Small & Large) – Traditional Cheer 8 & 9 years old Limited tumbling
Youth Level 1 (Small & Large) – Music Only 8 & 9 years old Limited tumbling
Youth Level 2 (Small & Large) – Traditional Cheer 8 & 9 years old No tumbling restrictions
Youth Level 2 (Small & Large) – Music Only 8 & 9 years old No tumbling restrictions
Junior Level 1 (Small & Large) – Traditional Cheer 10 & 11 years old Limited tumbling
Junior Level 1 (Small & Large) – Music Only 10 & 11 years old Limited tumbling
Junior Level 2 (Small & Large) – Traditional Cheer 10 & 11 years old No tumbling restrictions
Junior Level 2 (Small & Large) – Music Only 10 & 11 years old No tumbling restrictions
Senior Level 1 (Small & Large) – Traditional Cheer 12,13,14 years old Limited tumbling
Senior Level 1 (Small & Large) – Music Only 12,13,14 years old Limited tumbling
Senior Level 2 (Small & Large) – Traditional Cheer 12,13,14 years old No tumbling restrictions
Senior Level 2 (Small & Large) – Music Only 12,13,14 years old No tumbling restrictions
Exhibition No Age Restrictions No tumbling restrictions
· Each participant must fill out an electronic release from prior to the event. Once your team's registration has been submitted, a link to send to the parents will be sent out. No participant will be allowed to compete without a form properly filled out and signed.
· Registration form and payment are due by October 1st to receive Early Bird pricing. Registration form and payment will be accepted until OCTOBER 15th
· Performance order will be determined by random drawing of teams prior to the competition.
· All teams will have 5 minutes on the stretch mat, 5 minutes on the tumble strip, and 5 minutes on a full cheer floor.
· Stunting will not be allowed in the hallways of the School.
· All teams will compete on a 42 x 42 regulation cheer floor.
· The only props permitted are signs and pom poms.
· Recreation divisions can mix ages. Division is determined by the oldest member.
· Cheer Challenge will not provide spotters. All routines should be self-spotted.
· Registration times will be on the coach’s confirmation packet.
· A preliminary schedule will be sent out one week before event.
· Final schedule will be posted by Wednesday prior to event.
· Routine time limits is 3 minutes.
· Music only division is required for all teams that do not have a cheer in the routine
· The flag division is now the Mini division.
· The Minor division is now the Youth Division
· Exhibition teams will perform in the Exhibition division and will not be placed, but will receive individual t-shirt and team trophy.
· Competitor age cutoff is 9/30/21.
RULES and SAFETY GUIDELINES for Recreation/Association Teams
Partner Stunts / Pyramids
1. All pyramids and partner stunts are limited to two persons high "Two high" is defined as the base (bottom person) having at least one foot on the ground.
2. The top person in a partner stunt, pyramid or transition may not be in an inverted (head below the waist) position, with the exception of a double-based forward suspended roll.
3. Suspended splits in a transition are allowed provided there are a total of 4 bases that support the top person: at least three of the bases must support under the legs of the top person and, the fourth base may support under the legs or make contact with the hands of the top person. The top person must have hand contact with the bases.
4. Partner stunts and pyramids higher than prep level must have a continuous spotter for each person over prep level.
5. When one person is bracing another (including over lapping of arms), one of the individuals must be at prep level or below.
6. If a person in a partner stunt or pyramid is used as a brace for an extended stunt that brace must not be supporting a majority of the top persons weight.
7. Double based straddle lifts must have an additional base for the head and shoulders of the top person.
8. Basket tosses are limited to no more than four tossers and must be dismounted to a cradle position by two of the original bases, plus an additional base at the head and shoulder area. These tosses may not be directed so that the bases must move to catch the top person. Tosses may NOT involve more than 1 skill while in the air. No Flipping in basket tosses. Baskets are prohibited for Mini and Level 1 teams.
9. Partner stunts, pyramids or participants may not pass over, under or through other partner stunts or pyramids. You may jump over another person.
10. Free falling flips or swan dives from any type of toss, partner stunt or pyramid are, prohibited.
11. Double based forward suspended rolls are allowed as long as the bases have their feet on the ground, and the top person and the bases maintain hand-to-hand contact throughout the skill.
12. Backward suspended rolls and single based suspended rolls are prohibited.
13. Cradle dismounts from prep level and above must use a back base in addition to the number of bases required for the stunt. Exception: A "chair" does not require an additional spotter. (A cradle is defined as a dismount from a partner stunt or pyramid in which the top person is caught in a hollow position before being placed on the floor or remounting into another stunt or pyramid.)
14. Twists greater than one rotation in stunts, tosses or dismounts are prohibited.
15. Single full cradles to the front from side facing stunts such as Arabesques and Scorpions are legal.
16. Tension rolls and tension drops are prohibited.
17. Helicopter tosses are prohibited.
18. Single based split catches are prohibited.
19. Toe pitch and leg pitch flips are prohibited.
20. The use of mini-trampolines, springboards, or any other height-increasing apparatus is prohibited.
1. Dive rolls are prohibited. (A dive roll is defined as a forward roll where your feet leave the ground before your hands reach the ground.)
2. All handspring, flips and or twists (exception is in a round off) are prohibited.
3. A forward three-quarter flip to the seat or knees is prohibited.
4. The use of mini trampolines, springboards, or any other height increasing apparatus is prohibited.
5. Participants may not tumble under or through partner stunts, pyramids, or over or under individuals.
6. Participants may not land in a partner stunt or in a catching position from an aerial tumbling skill. (Example: A back flip from a tumbling pass into a cradle is prohibited, however, rebounding from a round-off into a cradle is allowed.)
7. Landings for all jumps must bear weight on at least one foot. (Example: A toe touch jump or kick to a hurdler position, to the seat, knees, or landing with both feet back, or to a push-up position are prohibited.)
8. Skills Allowed: Forward rolls, backward rolls, cart wheels, round offs, back/front walkovers, handstand forward rolls. No back/front handsprings or flip skills will be allowed.
2. All handsprings, flips and or twists are allowed. Twisting skills are limited to one twisting rotation.
6. Participants may not land in a partner stunt or in a catching position from an aerial tumbling skill. (Example: A back flip from a tumbling pass into a cradle is prohibited, however, rebounding from a back handspring into a cradle is allowed.)
8. Skills Allowed: Forward rolls, backward rolls, cart wheels, round offs, back/front walkovers, handstand forward rolls. Back/front handsprings, tucks, Arabians, layouts, x-outs, layout step outs, and single full twisting layouts.
9. Flipping skills are limited to one flipping and one twisting rotation. Double back tucks or double twisting fulls are not allowed.
ANY SAFTEY INFRACTION WILL AUTOMATICALLY RESULT IN A 5 PT. PENALTY