Boat Captain Information
Coaching Code of Conduct
AS A CAPTAIN I WILL:
1. Give advice
2. Teach by example
3. Run the trolling motor (if needed)
4. Help land fish with a net (Encourage the anglers to learn to land their fish with a net)
5. Remove tangles (if the line is in the water, then angler may not use other equipment until the line is removed or untangled and returned)
6. Assist with knots and leaders as desired
7. Promote a positive, encouraging, TEAM environment, Sportsmanship is the number one priority!
8. Be FAIR, ensure 50/50 boat control among anglers unless anglers concede their control
AS A CAPTIAN I WILL NOT:
1. Cast lines or lures
2. Set the hook
3. Reel or play fish to the boat
4. Make final decisions about fishing strategy or technique
5. Fish during the tournament
CAPTAIN RULES/REQUIRMENTS SNAPSHOT: (READ ALL RULES & REQUIREMENTS)
• If a potential coach is a local guide on the tournament waters, then they will be ineligible for the tournament unless they are the parent/guardian of one of the anglers.
• Captains must be 21 years of age and older.
• Captains may be subject to a background check, at the tournament official’s discretion.
• Wild West Bass Youth Series reserves the right to deny any Captain/Coach.
• During Competition, anytime the combustion engine is running, coaches MUST be seated in the driver’s seat in full control of the boat, with their life jacket and kill switch on.
***DAY OF COMPETITION, NO Youth Angler OF ANY AGE may run the combustion engine at any time unless it is an emergency, if a Youth Angler is running the main motor, they may be disqualified from the tournament, if this continues to be a problem the Youth Angler and Captain may be banned from participating in future Youth Series events as this is a serious safety and insurance matter. ***
• Fishing within 50 feet of an operating gas pump/dock or within 50 feet of a competitor’s boat, which is first anchored, is prohibited.
• Captains have an obligation to report any rule violations to the tournament director in writing within thirty (30) minutes of the last flight check-in.
DOWNLOAD AND READ ALL RULES
By signing below, I as a Captain for Wild West Bass Youth Series have read all the rules and will follow all rules and safety guidelines as laid out by Wild West Bass Youth Series.
Consent and Acknowledgements
PLEASE READ BEFORE SIGNING!
COVID-19 Consent and Acknowledgement
I, the undersigned, as the legal guardian or legal authority to execute this “Individual Release and Hold-Harmless Agreement” (“Release”), acknowledge and understand, that as an angler, parent of an angler, or legally responsible agent of an angler at selected events, said angler upon being present at any event, may have personal contact with adults, children, and angler members and spectators. All such contact associated with engaging in events at the meetings or events within which anglers participate as members of WILD WEST BASS YOUTH SERIES it involves a certain degree of risk that could result in illness, injury, death, or loss or damage to person or property. These risks include but are not limited to infection and transmission of the SARS-CoV-2 (COVID-19) virus. I also recognize that WILD WEST BASS YOUTH SERIES cannot guarantee anglers will always stay at least six (6) feet apart due to the inherent nature of angling and related educational events.
Information from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) states that older adults and people of any age who have serious underlying medical conditions are at higher risk for severe illness from COVID-19. IF you are in this group, please ensure you have approval from your health care provider prior to attending WILD WEST BASS YOUTH SERIES events.
Every board member, volunteer, and angling family must evaluate their unique circumstances and make an informed decision before joining or participating in WILD WEST BASS YOUTH SERIES events, WE hope this information will be helpful as you make that choice.
By executing this document, I knowingly and voluntarily assent to the following non-exhaustive list of precautionary measures to be administered at times, frequency, and locations of WILD WEST BASS YOUTH SERIES choosing:
1) Anglers are encouraged to bring their own hand sanitizer or disinfecting wipes with them to each tournament/event.
2) Anglers will not be permitted to share the front or rear deck space if there is a physical distancing regulation mandated by a government entity, keeping contact minimized to times when anglers are seated while the main outboard is on.
3) Spectators are to maintain at least 6ft apart while attending an event if physical distancing is mandated by state/local government.
4) Cloth face coverings are encouraged for anglers, boat captains, and spectators but not required unless mandated by state/local government. When advised by state/local government bodies anglers must wear a cloth face-covering in public settings if they can be safely managed while near another angler, boat captain, spectators, or other persons in the vicinity. Unless for medical reasons they cannot wear a cloth face covering.
5) The weigh-in setup and procedure will be under the advisement of the adult supporting circuit and may include contactless weigh-in. i.e. Drive-thru weigh-in.
6) Gathering of people may be limited as mandated by state or local government.
IF mandate is in place, Spectators to be limited to Parents/Guardians and siblings of anglers. Staggered weigh-in times may be utilized to minimize gathering size.
IF mandate will NOT allow any gatherings of people, we may have to cancel the tournament.
7) A health screening upon your arrival at an event may be conducted by our event health officials, which may include a temperature check. Note: Any angler, boat captain presenting symptoms upon arrival will be required to leave and will be denied entry to the event.
8) Any angler presenting symptoms post-arrival during events will be isolated to a designated area until such angler is picked up by a responsible party.
9) Parents or legal guardians have an obligation to assess their child’s health prior to the event. If the child knowingly participates in an event with any of the symptoms in relation to COVID-19 this will be ruled as unsportsmanlike conduct and the board will make a decision on whether the child will be allowed to attend future events.
10) Acknowledge that no pre-screening or social distancing program can eliminate the risk that you or your child will contract COVID-19 and/or bring it back home after an event.
11) Acknowledge that COVID-19 can result in death or serious illness, as explained on the CDC website.
12) Acknowledge that if you or your child cannot travel to an event or must return home, that there is no refund for the event.
13) I, the undersigned, as the legal guardian or legal authority to execute this “Individual Release and Hold-Harmless Agreement” (“Release”), acknowledge and understand, that as an angler, parent of an angler, or legally responsible agent of an angler at selected events, Waive and release your right to sue GreenFish Marketing LLC, Wild West Bass Trail, Wild West Bass Youth Series, its staff, officers, directors, volunteers, and/or members.
Medical Release and Authorization
As Parent and/or Guardian of the named angler, I hereby authorize the diagnosis and treatment by a qualified and licensed medical professional, of the minor child, in the event of a medical emergency, which in the opinion of the attending medical professional, requires immediate attention to prevent further endangerment of the minor’s life, physical disfigurement, physical impairment, or other undue pain, suffering or discomfort, if delayed. Permission is hereby granted to the attending physician to proceed with any medical or minor surgical treatment, x-ray examination, and immunizations for the named angler. In the event of an emergency arising out of serious illness, the need for major surgery, or significant accidental injury, I understand that every attempt will be made by the attending physician to contact me in the most expeditious way possible. This authorization is granted only after a reasonable effort has been made to reach me. Permission is also granted to the WILD WEST BASS YOUTH SERIES and its affiliates including Directors, Boat Captains, and Team Parents to provide the needed emergency treatment prior to the child’s admission to the medical facility. Release authorized on the dates and/or duration of the registered season. This release is authorized and executed of my own free will, with the sole purpose of authorizing medical treatment under emergency circumstances, for the protection of life and limb of the named minor child, in my absence.
Informed Consent and Acknowledgement
A. Release of Liability
In consideration for permission to voluntarily participate in tournaments, events, programs, and related activities conducted by GreenFish Marketing LLC, Wild West Bass Trail, Wild West Bass Youth Series, I acknowledge, appreciate, and agree that the risk of injury, death, disability, loss, or damage to my person or property from the activities involved in this program is significant, including the potential for permanent paralysis and death and while rules, equipment, and personal discipline may reduce the risk, the risk of serious injury or death does exist.
I, THE UNDERSIGNED, do knowingly and freely assume all risk referred to above, both known and unknown. I also accept all risk of injury, death, disability, loss, or damage to my person or property from this activity and event even if arising from the negligence of anyone associated with this event or other GreenFish Marketing LLC, Wild West Bass Trail, Wild West Bass Youth Series events, its owners, employees, agents, representatives, affiliates, successors, and assigns from any and all claims or cause of action (known or unknown). I also agree to abide by all rules of the event and have a full understanding of them. I agree to abide by all rules, bylaws, and guidelines of this event and hereby release all parties from any responsibility. By executing this agreement, I hereby agree to indemnify and hold harmless the GreenFish Marketing LLC, Wild West Bass Trail, Wild West Bass Youth Series from any loss, liability, damage or cost GreenFish Marketing LLC, Wild West Bass Trail, Wild West Bass Youth Series may incur due to a presence at any GreenFish Marketing LLC, Wild West Bass Trail, Wild West Bass Youth Series. I further expressly agree that the foregoing release, waiver, and indemnity agreement is intended to be as broad and inclusive as permitted by the law of the state in which the agreement is entered and that if any portion of this agreement is held invalid, it is agreed that the balance shall, notwithstanding, continue in full legal force and effect. I understand that it is the sole responsibility of all boat owners to carry and maintain boat owner’s liability coverage with limits of no less than $100,000 Each person / $300,000 Each accident or $300,000 CSL.
B. Permission for Use of Image and Minor Talent Release
I, THE UNDERSIGNED, hereby assign and grant to GreenFish Marketing LLC, Wild West Bass Trail, Wild West Bass Youth Series, and/or any of its Subsidiaries the right and permission to copyright and/or publish photographs or video footage myself, (the “Work”) and the use of these photographs and video footage singularly or in conjunction with other photographs or video footage for television production and broadcast of the GreenFish Marketing LLC, Wild West Bass Trail, Wild West Bass Youth Series, and any related art, advertising, internet usage, trade or any other similar lawful purpose whatsoever, including but not limited to, product packaging, posters, billboards, internet usage, endorsements, television and television commercials worldwide (the “Project”), without additional compensation by GreenFish Marketing LLC, Wild West Bass Trail, Wild West Bass Youth Series and free and clear of any claim whatsoever on my part. I also hereby grant GreenFish Marketing LLC, Wild West Bass Trail, Wild West Bass Youth Series the exclusive right to reproduce, digitize and edit the Work at GreenFish Marketing LLC, Wild West Bass Trail, Wild West Bass Youth Series sole discretion, to publicly perform, publicly display and distribute the Work in any advertising, promotion, and production-related to the Project or any related program produced by GreenFish Marketing LLC, Wild West Bass Trail, Wild West Bass Youth Series. The rights granted herein shall not confer in myself any rights of ownership in the Project including, without limitation, the copyright thereto, all of which shall be and remain the exclusive property of GreenFish Marketing LLC, Wild West Bass Trail, Wild West Bass Youth Series.
I, the undersigned, do hereby consent to the use by GreenFish Marketing LLC, Wild West Bass Trail, Wild West Bass Youth Series of the image, voice, or both of the minor child under the age of 18 described below, in (1) the video, photograph, or audio recording described below; and (2) any video, photograph, or audio recording reproduced either in whole or in part from the video, photograph or audio recording described below: regardless of whether these materials are used for fundraising, advertising, publicity, or any other purpose on behalf of either the Wild West Bass Youth Series.
I warrant that I am the parent or legal guardian of the minor described below and have the full right and authority to grant this consent on behalf of such minor.
In addition, I waive all claims to compensation or damages based on the use of such minor’s image or voice, or both, by either Wild West Bass Youth Series. I also waive any right to inspect or approve the finished photograph or video or audio recording.
I warrant that I am at least 18 years of age and that I am competent in my own name in so far as this consent is concerned. I further attest that I have read this consent form and fully understand its contents.
C. CONTENT RIGHTS
GreenFish Marketing LLC holds the content rights to the tournaments it owns and operates. However, Wild West Bass Youth Series grants certain exceptions, including the following content rights, to tournament participants:
Anglers may use video or still images, shot by the angler during a tournament, for promotional or marketing purposes, and in social media. You may also live stream during a tournament.
During tournaments, Wild West Bass Youth Series may ask to mount a POV streaming camera in a competitor’s boat (the footage may be used in Wild West Bass Youth Series web or social media). Wild West Bass Youth Series may also request the Marshal/Observer operate these, or other (POV, smartphone, or other) cameras. Marshals/Observers are not allowed to operate or work on the competitor’s personal cameras. A competitor is required to comply, even if he already has a personal camera mounted in his boat. Refusing to comply may result in a penalty or tournament disqualification.
If a competitor has a personal camera person or crew following him on the water, that person or team must not get in the way of Wild West Bass Youth Series photographers or videographers who are covering the tournament. Off the water, they must follow the general guidelines of any media covering the tournament as set forth by Wild West Bass Youth Series Communications and Leadership.
Still photos and videos taken by an angler during a tournament may be posted to social media and the angler’s website after the tournament’s conclusion.
Wild West Bass Youth Series also encourages anglers to send photos, videos, and updates for exposure on our social media pages.
In social media, you may use hashtags #WWBYS or tag @WWBYouthseries to amplify and spread your post to our social fans.
Wild West Bass Youth Series reserves the right to revoke these exceptions, and the angler must remove the tournament-related content if Wild West Bass Youth Series in its discretion believes the content is inappropriate or in any way violates other Wild West Bass Youth Series rules.
Wild West Bass Youth Series wants to help promote both your brand and the sport of professional bass fishing through its multimedia assets. If there are stories written about you or by you appearing on our social media, Wild West Bass Youth Series grants permission to link to these stories and any others on our social media pages. You may also grab photos from social media to promote yourself and the club. Please do credit Wild West Bass Youth Series.
D. ADDITIONAL AGREEMENTS
I further understand and agree that the Tournament Director reserves the right to reject my application for any reason and, upon such rejection, to refund a prorated entry fee within 4-6 weeks.
If a member, I am currently in good standing with Wild West Bass Youth Series.
All anglers who elect to participate in Wild West Bass Youth Series -sanctioned tournaments will be required to execute a Participation Agreement containing the rules and regulations, code of conduct, and tournament series specific content such as wrapped boat and uniform guidelines.
In addition to adhering to the Rules and Code of Conduct, to ensure effective and timely communication between Wild West Bass Youth Series and the anglers, I understand that I am required to provide Wild West Bass Youth Series with a current e-mail address. If I do not have my own e-mail address, I must furnish an e-mail address for a primary contact person. I agree that the delivery of an e-mail to my designated contact will constitute delivery to me. I also understand I must provide my personal cell number capable of receiving text messages from the Wild West Bass Youth Series.
E. Agreement to the Official Rules
By participating in this Tournament, I, THE UNDERSIGNED, fully and unconditionally agree to and accept the Official Rules and the decisions of GreenFish Marketing LLC: Wild West Bass Youth Series, which are final and binding in all matters related to the Tournament. I fully understand that this is a release of liability, and express the assumption of risk and indemnity agreement. I am aware and agree that by executing this waiver and release, that I am giving up my right to bring legal action or assert a claim against GreenFish Marketing LLC, Wild West Bass Trail, Wild West Bass Youth Series for my negligence.
I(We)agree to submit to a polygraph examination and understand that failure to pass the examination will result in disqualification.
I(We) agree that I have fully read and accept the Official Rules of this Tournament.
Confirmation BY ACKNOWLEDGING AND SIGNING BELOW, I AM DELIVERING AN ELECTRONIC SIGNATURE THAT WILL HAVE THE SAME EFFECT AS AN ORIGINAL MANUAL PAPER SIGNATURE. THE ELECTRONIC SIGNATURE WILL BE EQUALLY AS BINDING AS AN ORIGINAL MANUAL PAPER SIGNATURE.