To emphasize the importance of being on time to school, of remaining at school, and attendance in school, a student’s parking privilege may be suspended for the remainder of the semester at the time the Administration deems tardies and or absences are excessive. At the conclusion of the suspension of parking privileges, the student may reapply and purchase parking decal, if spaces are available. In compliance with PSA’s rules, we are not required to refund the cost of the parking permit should parking privileges be suspended and the parking space may be reassigned to another student.
In consideration for the privilege of driving and parking a motor vehicle on the campus of Palmetto Scholars Academy, the student and parent(s) hereby acknowledge and agree to abide by the rules and regulations of the School stated in the Parking Permit Application and Truancy Form and the rules and regulations of PSA stated below.
1. Students may have their parking privileges suspended or revoked as a result of any of the following:
a. A school suspension for any reason.
b. An accumulation of excessive tardies to and or absences from school. It shall be the responsibility of the student to keep track of the number of absences, tardies, and early dismissals he/she has accumulated. There will only be one warning before privileges are revoked.
c. Failure to sign in with the Attendance Clerk when tardy to school or when returning to school from a prior early dismissal.
d. Leaving or attempting to leave campus without signing out with front office. This includes any student who drives or rides, or any student who walks off campus without written permission, or any student who transports a student off campus who has not properly checked out of school.
e. Improper or reckless vehicular conduct including, but not limited to: exceeding the 15 mph campus speed limit, driving across aisles of parking, failure to follow the signals of school staff members who may be directing traffic on campus, failure to stop at stop signs, and failing to yield to pedestrians.
f. Parking or allowing another student to park an unregistered vehicle or a vehicle belonging to someone other than the registered student or their parent(s) in the space assigned.
2. Revocation of parking privileges may range in length from a minimum of the remainder of the term (or 45 school days, whichever is greater) to permanent revocation. The length of revocation shall be at the discretion of the principal or his or her designee. Any student who parks, registers, or attempts to register a vehicle which belongs to someone other than themselves or their parents may have their parking privileges revoked permanently.
3. Students whose parking privileges have been revoked into the subsequent semester or school year will be eligible to purchase a parking permit and regain the privilege of driving and parking on campus at the conclusion of the period of revocation IF student parking spaces are available at that time.
4. Students whose parking privileges have been suspended or revoked will not be allowed to use daily/emergency parking.
5. Refunds will not be issued to students who have had their parking privileges suspended or revoked.
6. Students are responsible for any contraband in their vehicle. All vehicles parked on campus are subject to search.
I have read, understand, and agree to abide by the rules and regulations specified in the Palmetto Scholars Academy Truancy Form and the PSA Parking Contract.