CAPECO is committed to assuring the privacy of individual and /or families who have contacted us for assistance. We realize that the concerns you bring to us are highly personal in nature. We assure you that all information shared both orally and in writing will be managed within legal and ethical considerations. Your “nonpublic personal information,” such as your total debt information, income, living expenses and personal information concerning your financial circumstances, will be provided to creditors, program monitors, such as Oregon Housing and Community Services and others, but only with your authorization and signature on this form. We may also use anonymous aggregated case file information for the purpose of evaluating our services, gathering valuable research information and designing future programs.
Types of information that we gather about you
- Information we receive from you orally, on applications or other forms, such as your name, address, social security number, assets, and income.
- Information about your transactions with us, your creditors, or others, such as your account balance, payment history, parties to transactions and credit card usage.
- Information we receive from a credit reporting agency, such as your credit history.
You may opt-out of certain disclosures
- You have the opportunity to “opt out” of disclosures of your nonpublic personal information to third parties (such as your creditors), that is, direct us not to make those disclosures.
- If you choose to “opt out”, we will not be able to answer questions from your creditors. If at any time you wish to change your decision with regard to your “opt out”, you may call us at 541-276-1926, and do so.
Release of your information to third parties
- So long as your have not opted-out, we may disclose some or all of the information that we collect, as described above, to your creditors or third parties where we have determined that it would be helpful to you, would aid us in counseling your, or is a requirement of grant awards which make our services possible.
- We may also disclose any nonpublic personal information about you or former customers to anyone as permitted by law (e.g., if we are compelled by legal process).
- Within the organization, we restrict access to nonpublic personal information about you to those employees who need to know that information to provide services to you. We maintain physical, electronic and procedural safeguards that comply with federal regulations to guard your nonpublic personal information.
- I may be referred to other housing services of the organization or another agency or agencies as appropriate that may be able to assist with particular concerns that have been identified. I understand that I am not obligated to use any of the services offered to me.
- A counselor may answer questions and provide information, but not give legal advice. If I want legal advice, I will be referred for appropriate assistance.
- I understand that CAPECO provides counseling and education on loss mitigation, credit/budget management, loan products, homebuyer education/counseling, and post-purchase and financial fitness classes. CAPECO currently does not have any financial relationships with industry partners. I further understand that the housing counseling I receive from CAPECO in no way obligates me to choose any of these particular housing programs.
I authorize CAPECO Housing Center to:
Obtain a copy of the Closing Disclosures, when I purchase a home from the lender who made me/us a loan or the title company that closed the loan.
I/We understand that any intentional or negligent representation(s) of the information contained on this form may result in civil liability and/or criminal liability under the provisions of Title 18, United States Code, Section 1001.