The following rules and guidelines pertain and are relevant for all trips, events, and other programming provided by Concord United Methodist Church. These rules and guidelines are set forth to create an environment where we can live in a loving, sharing community with one another and our creator God.
1. In everything I do, I will attempt to honor God. I recognize that I participate in these activities as a member of Concord UMC, and I will conduct myself in a way that is appropriate and glorifying to God.
2. In everything I do, I will attempt to honor those around me by what I say and how I act. I will treat others as I would like to be treated. I will have respect for other's personal belongings and feelings. I will treat the places we stay with respect and follow the rules and guidelines set by the retreat centers and our chaperones. I understand that if I destroy or damage any property, I may be sent home at my parents’ expense and my family is responsible for the cost of any damage.
3. In everything I will attempt to honor myself. I recognize that I am a child of God and will respect myself and honor God in every way I can while on these trips. I understand that the use of tobacco, drugs, alcohol, and weapons are illegal and forbidden on any and all youth trips. Possession will result in being sent home at my parents’ expense. I understand that the chaperones have the right to search my belongings if deemed necessary.
4. I will abide by and follow any dress code guidelines as set forth by the Director and/or Assistant Director of Student Ministries for all student events, retreats, and trips. Clothing that reveals too much or covers too little for females or males is not appropriate for any student event. I also understand that failure to follow these guidelines for any event, retreat, or trip will result in being required to change to a more appropriate outfit or, in extreme cases, not being able to attend said event.
5. I also understand that not all situations are covered in this form. I agree to abide by the guidelines set down by the adults on each trip as deemed necessary. I understand that some rules are set on an as-needed basis and are for the good of the group and its individuals.
6. Finally, I understand that this form applies to all retreats and trips that we will take until August 2022. With my signature I am saying that I agree with the policies for this entire time period.
I have read this statement and faithfully promise to abide by it. I understand that should I not abide by it, I will be responsible for my actions and will accept any and all consequences.