As a workshop presenter at the 32nd Annual International ACCT Conference and Exposition I understand and agree as follows:
1. I will present the workshop as described in my workshop proposal and as accepted by ACCT.
2. A flip chart and markers will be provided in each room. One additional piece of AV equipment (such as a setup package for an LCD projector) will be provided free of charge. Additional AV equipment may be requested and, if available, the cost to ACCT for the rental will be charged to the presenter. LCD projectors may be provided by ACCT as available. I will contact the Workshop Coordinator in advance to make arrangements. If my needs change, I will advise the Workshop Coordinator immediately.
3. I will refrain from marketing or selling my or others’ services or products in my workshop. This workshop cannot be a sales pitch in any way. A variety of marketing opportunities are available for purchase. I may contact the Workshop Coordinator to find out about these opportunities. Making business cards available in my workshop is acceptable.
4. No taping or recording of workshops is permitted by the presenter unless arrangements have been made between ACCT and Presenter(s) well in advance of the conference.
5. Presenter must carefully manage and control workshop activities which require participants to be elevated off the ground or floor. Standing on chairs, tables, or anything that is not designed to support a standing person is prohibited.
6. Presenters are expected to use appropriate language and refrain from swearing in workshops.
7. I will be responsible for all travel, housing and meals and other personal expenses associated with attending the conference. ACCT does not pay any of these expenses for workshop presenters, unless special arrangements have been made well in advance.
8. I will register for the conference before the Regular registration deadline, or risk losing my spot in the schedule and/or forfeiting my presenter discount. The primary presenter may register at the special presenter rate. All other presenters register at the regular conference registration rates.
9. I will pay for and provide whatever handouts I consider necessary to facilitate learning for workshop participants.
10. I will notify ACCT immediately if I find I will be unable to present my workshop.
As the conference sponsor, ACCT will provide:
A schedule of workshops, workshop description, and brief bio of each presenter available digitally via the ACCT conference website www.acctconference.com.
Workshop promotion via the ACCT conference website (www.acctconference.com) as well as a listing in the conference mobile app.
A suitable room for the workshop at the conference, taking into consideration the nature of the activity, likely attendance and the requirements of other workshops taking place at the same time. All rooms will be set up theater style (chairs placed in rows). As a courtesy to the next presenter, each presenter is expected to return chairs to this format upon completion of his or her workshop.
A service crew room host will be on hand to help presenters if necessary, and to pass out and collect evaluations (evaluations will also be collected digitally). Paper evaluations will be available to presenters shortly after the workshop, all evals will be available shortly after the conference.
A shared materials folder for presenters so share any digital handouts or supplemental information about their session with registered attendees.
Compliance with Standards: I agree that all information, materials and/or activities presented in my workshop (“The Work”) are in accordance with the ANSI / ACCT 03 – 2019 Standards Edition, if applicable.
Status of Presenter as Independent Contractor: The presenter is providing services as an independent contractor only. The relationship between the presenter and ACCT is NOT one of agency, co-venturer or any other which might cause ACCT to be responsible, legally or otherwise, for the conduct of the presenter or the content of the workshop.
Indemnity: Presenter is solely responsible for the content, conduct and the accuracy of information delivered in the workshop, and agrees that no aspect of the presentation will infringe on copyright or other rights of others. Presenter agrees to protect and hold harmless ACCT, its staff and Board of Directors from any claim arising from the workshop presentation or its content. .
Ownership of the Work: The parties agree that the ownership of the Work and its contents used for this presentation provided under this Agreement shall remain the property of the Presenter and will not be considered as "work made for hire," as such term is defined in the Copyright Laws of the United States.
Consent to ACCT to post, publish/share or otherwise use, including for a fee. Unless indicated otherwise immediately below, Presenter agrees that ACCT may display, publish, share and otherwise use the presentation or any part of the presentation for any purpose consistent with the mission of the Association. Third persons, including members of the Association, may use the presentation or any part thereof only with the consent of the presenter and ACCT. Should ACCT charge a fee for such use by third persons ACCT will attempt to reach a reasonable agreement with the presenter regarding appropriate revenue sharing and fee structure.
Duplication and/or use of the Work or any portion of it by third parties (i.e., not the association or presenter) is strictly prohibited without further consent by the presenter.