By signing below I certify that:
1. I have read MAC’s Transfer Partner Guidelines, and I agree that the organization I represent will comply with its terms and conditions.
2. The organization I represent is in good standing with all local, state and federal regulatory and oversight authorities, and that all applicable laws, ordinances and regulations regarding animals and animal care (including those applicable to the holding and disposition of lost/stray animals) are carefully followed.
3. None of the organization’s principles (staff, directors, Board members) or volunteers have been charged, convicted of or pleaded no contest to animal/human cruelty, neglect or abandonment, there are no such charges pending, nor are there any credible accusations currently pending.
4. I understand that as an approved MAC Transfer Partner my organization will be expected to support the mission and efforts of MAC, and may not post or allow to be posted on social media any information that is determined to be false, misleading or defamatory towards MAC.
5. I understand that MAC reserves the right to accept or reject any Transfer Partner Application for any reason, in its sole discretion, and may terminate a Rescue Partnership at any time.
6. I understand that MAC, its employees, volunteers and representatives have limited information regarding the temperament and habits of the animals in their care, and I agree to hold MAC, its employees, volunteers and representatives harmless in that regard.
7. I understand that all information provided to me by MAC before formal trasnfer of an animal occurs must be kept confidential, and once transfer has occurred all informaiton that could identify a prior owner, case information, etc. must remain confidential.
8. I understand that MAC's priorities are: first, reunificaiton of pets with existing familites; second, placement with new families; third, placement with other groups (becuase of the overwhelming numbers of animals that need rescue). Transfer partners will be notified whether an animal is to be "held" for them (they will have 5 days to pick the animal up) or whether the animal is to be made available for potential adoption as well as potential rescue transfer. In either case, reunification with an owner will take precedence regardless of agreements made with the transfer partner.
9. I agree to release, waive, discharge, and covenant not to sue MAC, its officers, agents, employees and/or volunteers, from and for any and all liability of claims for damage or injury that may be sustained directly or indirectly in connection with, or arising out of the activities contained in this agreement (including, but not limited to, acceptance of any animal from MAC) whether caused in whole or in part by the negligence of MAC. I further agree to release, indemnify and hold harmless MAC, its officers, agents, employees and volunteers from any and all liability, losses, or damages, including attorney’s fees and costs of defense, as a result of any claims, demands, suits, causes of action, or proceedings of any kind of nature, whether known or unknown, arising out of, relating to, or resulting from the adoption, care, ownership, maintenance, retention, temperament conduct or condition of any animal(s).
10. I am an authorized representative of the organization and have the requisite authority to sign this document both as an individual and on its behalf and to bind it to the all of the terms and conditions contained herein.