The House Rules are designed to protect the safety and mental and physical wellbeing of all daycare participants involved. Please read and ask the staff if you have any questions.
Interacting with dogs in a pack structure setting has very different dynamics than interacting with an individual dog one on one. Dogs in a pack setting feed off energy from one another and from humans entering and exiting the pack. A pack of dogs naturally seek a calm, balanced and structured atmosphere and will attack each other in an attempt to restore this balance. Excited or uncontrolled dogs (or humans) entering or exiting the pack can cause the other pack members redirect their energies on each other, thus causing fights to occur. Dogs can also become territorial around the boundaries of their enclosure, and there is always a risk of injury to humans and dogs when approaching such boundaries. The House Rules have been designed to ensure the safety and wellbeing of all human and animal participants.
1. When approaching or entering the daycare, for your safety as well as the safety of your dog, please abide by 3 simple rules for all dogs in this area:
No Eye Contact
2. During socialization periods where dogs will be interacting with one another, dogs will be maintained in a structured environment to help maintain the calmness and balance of the pack. Any dog participating will be subject to humane, but effective actions to enforce this. Any dog that cannot be controlled in such group settings will be isolated and confined from the pack until suitable behavior can be established.
3. Upon pick up, check in at the front desk and please remain behind the curtain and gated area to allow for an authorized personnel to retrieve your dog. Please allow a few minutes of waiting time during pick up, as staff members will be ensuring all pack members are calm prior to the departure of your dog.
4. During play periods, please do not touch, talk to, or make eye contact with any dogs in play (including your own dog).
5. Should you have someone new picking up the dog, please provide their name and phone number so we can ensure we are releasing your dog to the right person.
I agree to abide by the operational policies of the centre and all policies set forth in this agreement; failure to do so may result in termination of our services.