To be eligible for a grant you must:
Please also read the guidelines available by clicking the link.
1. YOUR DETAILS
2 YOUR CIRCUMSTANCES
How many siblings do you have?
3 FINANCIALCIRCUMSTANCES - to be completed by parent/carer/guardian. This information is very important in assessing your family hardship; if it is not completed, the Grant Panel will not be able make a judgement on your application
Page 1 of 2
4. Please describe your exceptional talent and give evidence of what you have achieved to date. In music and dance this should be your Grades achieved and in sport your regional/national ranking (please specify age groups and how many people competed within the competition). In other activities anything that will provide an independent assessment of your ability is likely to help you achieve a grant from the Fund.
5. Please specify any additional achievements related to you talent including any support/encouragement you give to others taking part.
6. What are your long term ambitions, what is stopping you achieving them (beyond financial difficulties) and how you hope to achieve them?
8. Why are you approaching the Young and Talented Cornwall Fund?
9. Please state the dates when funding is needed. Please refer to our website for full details of panel meeting dates and application deadlines. We do not fund retrospectively. If you are awarded a grant, the money has to be spent within a year of the award.
12. You must include two written references from your referees, as well as complete the section below, prior to submission in order for your application to eb considered by the Panel. N.B. If your talent is within the sports, we request at least one reference from your Sports Governing Body or Sports Development Officer. You may upload your references where indicated below or email as an attachment to: firstname.lastname@example.org
If you are having difficulty sourcing your references at the deadline date, please submit your form and email your references separately as soon as possible. Your application cannot be assessed however, until references are received.
TERMS AND DECLARATION
It is essential that you understand and agree to sign up to the following statements.
I confirm acceptance of the terms and conditions of the grant as they are set out in this application form and the guidance notes
I certify that the information contained in this application is correct.
I will only spend the grant for the purposes outlined in this initial application unless we have received written confirmation, from the Fund, that we can make a variation of spend.
I accept that the Fund and the Foundation will, under no circumstances, be liable for any damage, injury or loss of any kind whatsoever to any property or persons occurring as a result of activities undertaken with this grant.
I agree that photographs of me taken by representatives of The Cornwall Community Foundation, The Lord Lieutenant’s Fund for Youth or myself may be used for promoting or raising funds for The Lord Lieutenant’s Fund for Youth.
I give permission for the Foundation to record the information in this form electronically and to contact us by phone, mail or email with regards to this application.
If awarded I must complete and send an End of Grant Report to Young and Talented Cornwall, at the Cornwall Community Foundation, together with evidence of spending the grant e.g. copy receipts, invoices etc. no later than a year from the panel date.
MARKETING It essential we can market Young & Talented Cornwall to encourage both donations and more young and talented applicants. In addition to our in-house marketing, one of Young & Talented Cornwall's business supporters, Wild West Communications, provides social media support for the Fund. Please confirm whether you are happy for us to provide your details to Wild West. Your information will be used for no other purpose.
An application will not be accepted if questions are not answered, it is received outside the published deadlines or required supporting information is not submitted.
Thank you for completing this application form. Please click SUBMIT below to send your application. You will be emailed a copy of the information you have supplied.. Should you have any queries please contact The Lord Lieutenant’s Fund for Youth, C/o Cornwall Community Foundation, Suite 1, Sheers Barton, Lawhitton, Launceston, Cornwall PL15 9NJ
Tel: 01566 779333
Cornwall Community Foundation - registered charity no. 1099977. Company Limited by Guarantee. Registered in England No. 4816191
Page 2 of 2