Please consider the following prompts whilst documenting your time living in Cairo Flats:
· The years when you lived in the building, as well as the social and historical context of the surrounding area.
· Reflections on the fittings and fixtures of your flat and the building, as well as the balconies, private gardens, food delivery doors and the historical Hanover Street brick wall.
· Reflections on living in the building through Summer, Autumn, Winter and Spring.
· Reflections on the communal spaces such as the central staircase, gardens and roof as well as any significant events that took place in these spaces.
· Reflections on your occupation, if relevant. For example, artists are known to have painted works at Cairo.
· Reflections on the former shop, dining room and laundry, which is now a private residence at 14 Hanover Street.
Please explain your connection to Cairo Flats and your memories of the place:
· Reflections on visiting or working in and around the building as well as the social and historical context of the surrounding area.
· Reflections on the fittings and fixtures of the building, as well as the balconies, private gardens and the historical Hanover Street brick wall.
• Your Reflections & Memories should not be defamatory, inflammatory, or refer to any actions which may constitute an offence under Australian law.
• Your Reflections & Memories should not promote a business, product or service. They should also not include overtly political statements, or falsely represent another organisation or person.
The Cairo Flats Body Corporation Committee is also seeking to build up a greater understanding of the building and the people who have occupied it by collecting and preserving any related records in a new digital archive. Do you have any relevant photos, videos, or historical documents that you would like to share?
Before adding your post to the website, we may need to ask you some questions about your reflections & memories, or get in touch if you have any photos, videos, or documents to share. Please provide your email address below so we can follow up, if required.
To prevent spam and inappropriate posts, all reflections and memories that are created will be reviewed by members of the Cairo Flats Owners Corporation Committee. By filling out this form, you consent to having the following information made publically available as a blog post on the cairoflats.com.au website:
Your flat number
The years that you lived in the building
Your reflections and memories of the building
No other information that is collected in this form will be included in your blog post on the cairoflats.com.au website.