Applicants for the Women’s Welsh Club of America Scholarships must be of Welsh descent or be legally adopted by a person of Welsh descent, or be the spouse of a person of Welsh descent and be a citizen of the United States, and meet the following requirements:
- Complete the application form between April 1 and June 30th.
- A new application must be submitted prior to each new school year.
- Lineage information will only be accepted on the forms provided in the application.
- Declare enrollment as a full-time student, or as a part-time student or doing post-baccalaureate studies, and must be taking a minimum of six credit hours for the semester leading to a degree in an institution of higher learning qualified to award such a degree.
- Welsh descent must be apparent (born in Wales) within the past 5 generations (to your great, great, grandparents)
- You must have and maintain an unadjusted cumulative grade point average of not less than a 3.30 on a 4.00 scale or the equivalent.
- Authorize the registrar of the school to send an Official Transcript of the applicant’s academic record to the Scholarship Committee prior to each school year AFTER COMPLETING THE SPRING TERM.
- Transcripts will only be accepted that come directly from the school between April 1 and July 15th. Transcripts coming through a student will not be accepted.
Transcripts may be sent
To receive the second installment of the scholarship:
- Official Transcripts which come directly from the school must be received by February 15.
- If there is an issue meeting that deadline, please contact us at email@example.com
- Failure to comply with the above directions and requirements or an incomplete application, may disqualify an applicant.
- Presentation of your information will be considered in the final decision of the Scholarship Committee.
- The size and number of grants will be determined by the Scholarship Committee and the Trustees of the Women’s Welsh Clubs of America.
- Grants will be paid directly to the applicant in two installments each year provided the applicant maintains the required eligibility and meets application requirements.
If we have any questions about your application, we will contact you by email.
If you have any questions, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org