By submitting the application form, you agree to the following terms and conditions:
1. An application for a stall does not guarantee you space at Kaiapoi Christmas Community Market. The organisers reserve the right to allocate stalls based on the best interests of the event. This includes ensuring a wide variety in the type of stalls at the event.
2. This market is only open to Kaiapoi Business and Non-Profit Organisations.
3. Food items are permitted in this area, but limited to baking, preserves, confectionery etc.
4. We encourage you if you are not selling any items, your group to join this as part it is a fantastic way to recruit new members and promote your group.
5. The event is an open-air event and goes ahead unless the weather makes it unsafe to proceed. It is the stallholder’s responsibility to bring appropriate shelter for their stall. This includes the necessary gazebo and/or table weights.
6. The event organisers reserve the right to cancel in the event of unsafe weather conditions, or if required due to a change in the national Alert Level and/or if there are restrictions on social gatherings. There is no cancellation date if the event is cancelled due to one of these reasons.
7. Kaiapoi Christmas Carnival is aiming to reduce the amount of waste generated by the event. To support that, we are a plastic bag free event. Stallholders will not be able to provide plastic bags for people purchasing items at the event.
8. If selling food, stallholders should, where possible, use locally compostable, reusable or recyclable packaging for their food and drinks. including containers, plates, cups, cutlery and napkins. We will send an information pack to all accepted food stallholders of our recommended requirements on confirmation of your registration being accepted. We appreciate this is a change in 2021 and we ask stallholders to adopt this approach where possible.
9. All stalls selling food are required to register that they are selling food with event organisers.
10. Food must not be given away (except small samples with the purpose of selling
11. All Food Vendors must have a current mobile food licence, and all compliance certificates are up to date.
Set Up and Pack Down:
Instructions and directions by the Event Manager and Marshalls must be followed. The committee and Marshalls will be on-site from 7.30am for set up on both days. All stalls must be operational from 9.30am - 12.30pm both.
Further information regarding set up and pack down will be sent to Stall Holders on confirmation of Registration.