TERMS AND CONDITIONS:
1. Shall be decorated in a Christmas Theme.
2. All vehicles shall display a vehicle identification sign provided by the parade organiser prior to the parade date, (available at the pre-briefing). You will not be able to enter the parade marshalling area without this number.
3. The float towing vehicle shall provide its own insurance of at least 3rd party indemnity.
4. Each float needs two safety personnel allocated who will be required to walk on each side of their float, monitoring safety and speed of their float during the Parade. Larger floats should have four people to walk beside the float. They must be wearing Hi Vis Vests.
5. The Parade management will inspect your float on the day. We will be checking driver’s license on the day and also WOF.
6. Your run order in the Parade, will be available at the pre parade drivers briefing.
7. Each float shall obey the road rules when travelling to and from the Parade area, i.e. No passengers on board outside the designated Parade route and any vehicles or trailers supporting the float shall be road legal with a current registration and Warrant of Fitness and be in excellent mechanical order.
8. Any float whilst in the assembly, Parade or dispersal area shall not exceed a slow walking pace, of more than 5km/h
9. Absolutely no movement of any float vehicles will be allowed in the assembly area after 1.00pm. All floats will be required to be in position by this time and move on instruction of the Parade Marshalling Team.
10. Even if your float has been accepted, if it does not meet any of the criteria on the actual Parade day, you will not be permitted to participate in the Parade.
11. Only the one official Santa/Father Christmas is allowed in the Parade he is on the Kaiapoi Promotion Association Santa Float. No other person/s is to dress up like Santa.