In consideration for permitting the Student named above (“Student”) to participate in the field trip described above (“Field Trip” or “Activity”), with Kehillah Jewish High School (the “School”), the undersigned, parent(s), or legal guardian(s) of the Student (“Parent”), on behalf of their heirs, executors, administrators and assigns, and on behalf of the Student, hereby agree to the following terms and conditions (“Agreement”):
1. Voluntary Participation. Parent fully understands and recognizes that the Student’s participation in this Trip/Program is strictly voluntary and participation is not required for graduation or part of any mandatory course work.
2. Force Majeure. Kehillah Jewish High School and its representatives (“Kehillah”) are not responsible for events beyond their control such as, without limitation, strikes, delays, weather, acts of God, or government restrictions.
3. Acknowledgement of Risk. A copy of a general itinerary with information about transportation, and a list of items that Student is required to bring to the Field Trip, is attached to this Agreement. I acknowledge that the School has provided Parent with the itinerary and list of items required for the Field Trip. I understand this is a general itinerary only and that the Field Trip may include additional activities within the framework of this general itinerary. I also understand that some activities listed below may change and be replaced with other activities. The Student may participate in activities during the Field Trip including but not limited to the activities listed in the List of Primary Activies box above. Student will be engaging in physical activities including but not limited to activities listed in the List of Physical Activities box above which carry risks of property loss, personal injury, disease and even death. The activities the students engage in during the Field Trip may be dangerous and include risks that are inherent and cannot be reasonably avoided without changing the nature of the activity. Participation in the activities can cause personal injury, including emotional trauma, permanent disability, paralysis and even death, as well as the risks listed in the "Potential Risks" box below. School and its program leaders cannot foresee every possible contingency or completely eliminate all risk. I have had opportunities to discuss the Field Trip with the School.
4. Assumption of Risk. I understand and acknowledge that certain risks are inherent in field trips and assume responsibility for any such risks associated with participation in the Activity. The Field Trip risks include, but are not limited to: (a) travel and transportation as described in the means of transportation box above to and from the program locations listed in the program locations box above; (b) all risks as identified in Section 3 of this Agreement; (c) the dangers of being in a place open to the public; (4) minor injuries such as scratches, bruises, fractures, internal bruising, blood clots, blisters, sprains and string slap; (5) major injuries such as internal bleeding, broken bones, eye injury or loss of sight, joint or back injuries, and concussions; and (6) catastrophic injuries including traumatic brain injury, serious puncture wounds, paralysis, and death. I understand that these injuries or outcomes may arise from Student’s or other’s actions, inaction or negligence, conditions related to travel, or the condition of the Activity location(s). Nonetheless, I acknowledge and expressly assume all risks and dangers associated with all Field Trip activities (including travel to, from and during the Activity), whether described above, known or unknown, and inherent or otherwise. I take full responsibility for any injury or loss, including death, which Student may suffer, arising in whole or in part from the Student’s participation in the activities of the Field Trip. I further understand that although there will be adult chaperones attending the Field Trip, Student will not be under the chaperones’ direct supervision at all times on the Trip.
Potential risks for the Field Trip include but are not limited to dehydration, allergy attack from pollens/grasses/fungi/molds, bee sting, spider bite, mosquito bite and viruses carried therein, flea bite and viruses carried therein, tick bite and any viruses therein, lice, rodent bite, snake bite, exposure to bed bugs, allergy or infection caused as a result of animal or insect bite, sun burn, sun stroke, poison oak, poison ivy, injuries as a result of transportation vehicle striking or being struck by another vehicle, losing control, tipping/rolling, or striking unmoving object(s), car sickness, pedestrian collision with automobiles/buses, pedestrian collision with motorized bicycles/scooters/skateboards/hover boards, pedestrian collision with bicycles/unicycles/skateboards/scooters/roller blades, walking on uneven sidewalk, falling limbs from trees, hypothermia, injuries caused by weather conditions including rain/lightning/hail, accidental drowning, collision with other students, physical injuries related to the activities listed in the “List of Physical Activities” box, including but not limited to broken bones, strained/torn ligaments, lacerations, punctures, contusions, abrasions, and emotional strain/trauma related to the activities listed in the “Primary Activities” box, including but not limited to stress, social anxiety, panic, accidental triggering of past trauma, and sleep deprivation.
5. Voluntary Release of All Claims. I voluntarily release, discharge, waive and relinquish all claims against the School, its officers, trustees, directors, employees, volunteers, insurers, agents and representatives (collectively “the Released Parties”), arising out of ordinary negligence that are in any way related to, or arise from the Field Trip, including but not limited to, claims for bodily injury, personal injury, emotional distress, property loss, property damage or wrongful death. This release, discharge, waiver and relinquishment also pertains to any instruction or supervision related to the Field Trip on the part of the School and the Released Parties. It is the intent of this Agreement to relieve the Released Parties from negligence to the greatest extent permitted by law.
6. Release from Third-Party Liability. I understand that the School is not an agent of, and has no responsibility for, any third party, including without limitation any sponsor or entity that may provide any services, hospitality, public or private transportation, equipment, training or activities associated with the Field Trip. I hereby relieve the Released Parties from any and all claims arising out of such third party liability, events, acts, or omissions.
7. Indemnification/Hold Harmless. I understand and acknowledge, that, as a condition of Student’s participation in this Field Trip, I agree to indemnify the School for all claims against the School from other individuals, entities, or other third parties, as a result of the Student’s participation in the Field Trip or conduct during the Field Trip, including but not limited to any injury, accident, illness, death, or any loss or damage to personal property. I may be held liable and responsible for any injury or death to another person or injury to property of another caused by Student. I hereby agree to indemnify (meaning to defend, and to satisfy any liability incurred by School by payment or reimbursement, including costs and attorneys’ fees) and hold harmless the Released Parties with respect to any claims of injury, death or other loss or damage to person or property suffered by any person arising in whole or in part from the conduct of Student while participating in the Field Trip.
8. Expectations for Student Conduct. I understand and acknowledge that Student is expected to abide by all School rules, including those in the Student/Parent Handbook, during the course of the Field Trip. I agree to direct Student to cooperate with School rules, and the directions and instructions of the supervisory personnel in charge of the Field Trip. I agree that the School has the right, in its sole and absolute discretion, to terminate Student’s participation in the Field Trip at any time for conduct deemed detrimental to the Student or others.
9. Medical Care. Any adult accompanying Student on the Field Trip may consent to the administration of medical or dental care to the Student as deemed appropriate. I understand that School does not carry or maintain health, medical or disability insurance coverage for the Student, and I therefore agree to assume the responsibility for such insurance coverage for the Student.
10. Medical Conditions. I agree to provide to the School current information concerning any medical or physical conditions that the School should be aware of, that if they arise on the Field Trip, Student may need immediate medical attention, such as information about physical or mental conditions, allergies, asthma, and medications of Student, and names and phone numbers for emergency contact in the boxes below. To the best of my knowledge, Student has no medical (physical, emotional or psychological) conditions that would interfere with Student’s ability to participate in the Field Trip or would otherwise endanger Student’s health while participating in the Field Trip.