In the event a grant is awarded as a result of this application, the following terms and conditions shall be complied with as signified by the applicants’ signatures. This application shall become part of the legally binding agreement between the applicant and the City of St. George.
1. The grant cannot be assigned to a different project or transferred without prior written approval of the St. George Arts Commission.
2. The grantee shall submit to the St. George Arts Commission the dates, times and locations of projects for possible on-site review by the St. George Arts Commission. The grantee is requested to provide free admission to projects/events for reviewers.
3. The grantee agrees to keep careful attendance and participation records of the project herein.
4. The financial accounts shall be subject to audit by appropriate agencies of the City of St. George. The grantee will be responsible for the safekeeping and identification of records maintained to account for funds awarded herein. Said records must be kept in the grantee’s files for a period of three years after completion of the project and submission of the final expenditure report.
5. Credit must be given the City of St. George and the St. George Arts Commission in brochures, news releases, programs, publications, and other printed materials with the following credit line: “This project is supported by the St. George Arts Commission, with funding from the City of St. George. Grantees must use City of St. George and St. George Arts Commission logos (found at sgcity.org/arts/artscommission) in printed materials and publicity. When no printed information is used, verbal credit shall be given prior to each performance or presentation.
6. Project description includes complimentary ticket distribution for special audiences, a free performance or a written report of the results of the Folk Art Project plan - please indicate below how it will be handled.
a. The grantee will provide tickets to the St. George Arts Commission for distribution to special audiences or general public. Tickets must be at the Community Arts office 30 days prior to the event. These tickets will be a cross section of seats available.
b. Tickets will be provided to the public, and/or special audience by the grantee organization. Documentation will be required on the evaluation form indicating event date, number of tickets and to whom distributed for verification purposes.
c. A free performance for the general public will be scheduled and announced. The St. George Arts Commission will be notified of this 30 days in advance. Press releases or other suitable documentation of the free performance will accompany the evaluation form.
d. A written report or presentation that fully describes the Folk Art Project Grant results and the benefits to the ethnic group represented.
7. The grantee agrees to indemnify and hold harmless the City of St. George, the St. George Arts Commission, Mayor, City Council, agents, staff and employees from any and all claims or actual injury, damage or loss to a person, or real or personal property that results from or is in any way connected to the use of City of St. George Monies.
8. The filing of the application has been authorized by the governing body of the applicant, and the undersigned representatives have been authorized to file this
application for and on behalf of said application, and otherwise to act as the authorized representatives in connection with this application.
9. The grant award is contingent upon the availability of funds as authorized by the St. George City Council.
10. The grantee will submit a report form at the conclusion of the project or fiscal year.