In case of emergency, illness, or accident, the following OPTIONAL information will be kept in your SCCC student file:
By signing this form, I agree that the information provided is complete and accurate to the best of my knowledge.
1. The student agrees to continue training for the full term of the course.
2. Students are responsible for textbooks and equipment issued by their instructor. If any items are lost or simply not returned, replacement cost will be paid by the student.
3. Regular attendance is required.
1. Students may be eligible to have up to 10% of the hours in a program per period as excused absences. In a 900-hour program, this would equate to 45 hours of instruction per half.
2. An excused absence is considered one that is unforeseeable, unavoidable, and/or unusual. Examples may include: illness, disability, hospitalization, funeral, or religious observances. Each excused absence will require documentation to the main office prior to approval.
3. Students must make up ALL unexcused absences.
4. If more than 10% excused absences per half of course the student must:
A. Make-up additional time with documentation required. Make-up time must be completed during the same half of student’s course in which the absence occurred.
EXAMPLE – Terry is enrolled in a program of study that consists of 900 clock hours. Terry’s program is divided into two halves, each containing 450 clock hours of study. During the first half of her program, Terry is involved in an accident and misses 62 hours of school. With the proper documentation, 45 of those hours can be approved as excused by the office. Terry must make up 17 hours of school prior to completion of the 450th clock hour of her program.
B. The student is responsible for making arrangements for make-up time and completing the documentation. Attendance forms are available at www.scccwp.edu or at the SCCC Main Office and should be turned in to your instructor.
5. In the event of inclement weather on a scheduled day, SCCC may, at its sole discretion, designate the day as an excused absence. All allotted excused absences per half may be utilized according to this rule.
6. This policy represents the minimum standard of South Central Career Center. Programs and instructors may establish expectations that exceed this standard. Any changes to this policy by a program or instructor must be on file in the main office and established in the program handbook or course syllabus and distributed at the beginning of the program.
7. EXCESSIVE ABSENCES: Any student who (without PRIOR arrangements through SCCC administration) misses five consecutive days or exceeds 20% of the program hours per payment period may be dismissed from the program. The “20% Rule” takes both excused and unexcused absences into consideration.
4. I acknowledge the South Central Career Center Adult Student Handbook is available under the Current Students tab at www.scccwp.edu.
5. The School carries NO accident or health insurance. Each student is individually responsible for costs should medical attention be necessary. (Student is required to complete and sign the Student Agreement Release and Acknowledgement of Risk form.)
6. SCCC and/or West Plains R-VII Schools may use my photo and/or likeness in program advertising and/or other promotional purposes.
Eye protection required, when.
170.005. Every student, teacher and visitor is required to wear an industrial quality eye protective device when participating in or observing any of the following courses in schools, colleges, universities or other educational institutions:
(1) Vocational, technical, industrial arts, chemical, or chemical-physical shops or laboratories involving exposure to the following: Hot molten metals, or other molten materials; milling, sawing, turning, shaping, cutting, grinding or stamping of any solid materials; heat treatment, tempering, or kiln firing of any metal or other materials; gas or electric arc welding, or other forms of welding processes; repair or servicing of any vehicle; caustic or explosive materials;
(2) Chemical, physical, or combined chemical-physical laboratories involving caustic or explosive materials, hot liquids or solids, injurious radiations or other hazards not enumerated.
(L. 1976 S.B. 519 § 1)
Industrial quality eye protective devices defined.
170.007. As used in sections 170.005 to 170.009 "industrial quality eye protective devices" means devices meeting the standards of the American National Standard Practice for Occupational and Educational Eye and Face Protection, Z87.1-1968, and subsequent revisions thereof, approved by the American National Standards Institute, Inc.
(L. 1976 S.B. 519 § 2)
I have read the state laws above and agree to abide by all provisions of the law. I also agree to pay the purchase price if goggles or glasses are lost or damaged.
In consideration of me being permitted to participate in any activity organized, administered, or sponsored by the South Central Career Center (SCCC) of West Plains Schools, I agree that:
I understand that some classes by nature involve certain risks (for example: shop, mechanical, construction, allied health, or culinary arts oriented classes). These risks may result from my own actions or inactions, the actions or inactions of others participating in the activity or class.
I understand the nature of the classes and activities, and acknowledge my experience and capabilities, and represent and warrant that I am qualified and physically able to fully participate in such activities. There may be other risks either not known to me or not readily foreseeable at this time and I fully accept and assume all of such risks and all responsibility for any losses, costs, expenses, liabilities, and damages incurred as a result of or in connection with my participation in any way in classes or activities sponsored by South Central Career Center (SCCC).
I understand that SCCC does NOT provide any insurance coverage for my person or my property. I acknowledge that I am responsible for my safety and my own health care needs, and for the protection of my property. In exchange for allowing me to participate in the SCCC classes, activities, and events, I agree to release from liability, agree to indemnify, and hold harmless the SCCC, and any SCCC agent or employee acting within the scope of their duties, for any injury to my person or damage to my property.
This Release shall be binding upon myself, successors in interest, and / or any person(s) suing on my behalf.
I have read the statement in this document. I agree with its terms and have voluntarily signed it. I understand that this document is complete unto itself and that any oral promises or representations made to me concerning this document and / or its terms are not binding upon the SCCC, its administrators, agents and / or employees.
I UNDERSTAND THAT THIS IS A LEGAL DOCUMENT. I HAVE READ AND UNDERSTOOD THIS RELEASE AND I UNDERSTAND ALL ITS TERMS. I EXECUTE IT VOLUNTARILY AND WITH FULL KNOWLEDGE OF ITS MEANING AND SIGNIFICANCE.