RULES AND CONDITIONS:
1. Each competitor to dyke, plash and peg the stated length in five hours in any Dorset style, bind with natural tie i.e. no wire or twine.
2. Any competitor starting to fence must complete even if after the allocated time.
3. Height of the hedge to be stated on the day. YFC competitors will not be allowed to use a chainsaw. The steward may, at his discretion, remove any obstacles with a chainsaw.
4. Competitors to observe safe working practises, including site tidiness at all times. Care must be taken with the use of chainsaws and recommended safety equipment used at all times and Chain certificates shown on the day.
5. Dorset YFC will not hold itself responsible for any accident to any competitor or other person attending the match.
6. Dorset YFC reserves the right to alter the schedule owing to the weather conditions or other circumstances.
7. Dorset YFC reserves the right to withhold prizes if there are insufficient entries or merit in any class.
8. Competitors are to bring their own crooks.
NB: Competitors who are unable to attend on the day please call 07990756649 as early as possible.
NB: All YFC members under the age of 14 must have their own steward/supervisor with them to oversee their work during the day to comply with health and safety requirements. Should anyone wishing to enter need a steward/supervisor please email the County Office so that we can help arrange one for you