Hays County 4-H Shooting Club - Code of Conduct
As a participant you have the responsibility of representing the Hays County 4-H Shooting Club, so you are expected to conduct yourself in a manner that will bring respect for establishment in which you are shooting.
As a 4-H Member attending any practice or shooting event I will:
1. Follow safety rules, range, and etiquette rules.
2. Use good judgment in selecting clothing appropriate to the occasion and weather.
3. Use language and manners that bring respect t o you and Hays 4-H Shooting Club.
4. Show courtesy and respect for all members, Coaches, parents and Range Safety Officers. Demonstrate good sportsmanship.
5. Respect member's personal firearms. Do not touch or shoot any firearm without the
permission of the owner.
6. Understand that any person at anytime has the right to call Cease Fire.
7. Understand any person has the right to remove a firearm if that person is being unsafe.
Misconduct or poor sportsmanship will result in immediate removal from the firing line. Those who find themselves unable to conduct themselves with in the guidelines listed above may expect:
1. To explain your actions to the adults in charge and to accept consequences of your actions.
2. To be dismissed from the event and sent home early.
3. To have adults in charge work closely with parents/ guardians , Extension personnel and others to see those actions taken, in case of unacceptable behavior, are
appropriate and logical consequence for all concerned.