Th3 CPA was launched in 2019 by Luke and Drew Trenz. We are Cincinnati based and focused on proactively leading our small business clients in advising, accounting, tax planning & tax preparation.Our desire is to create the accounting firm of the future, so we rely heavily on technology.
The bookkeeper will be responsible for multiple month end bookkeeping/accounting closings for our clients. We will train them in our systems and processes with the goal of their oversight on month end bookkeeping/ closings.
The ideal candidate for this role should enjoy working with others (we work out of a small office), know accounting, love the challenge of this role (taking ownership over month end closings), relish the repetitive nature of month end bookkeeping, and be willing to undertake other projects. We offer a very flexible work environment and very competitive pay. This role is 15-20 hours a week with the possibility of more hours.
Responsibilities for Bookkeeper
- Ability to own the month end closing process for multiple clients.
- Categorizing transactions
- Adjusting journal entries (if needed)
- Preparation of monthly financial statements
- Ability to work with different cloud based applications (QuickBooks Online, Gusto)
- Communication with clients for items needed and questions
- Administrative assistance with other projects
Requirements for Bookkeeper
- Accounting Degree and/or 2 Years Paid Bookkeeping Experience- we really desire this role to come in with an understanding of accounting. Applicants will be asked to take an assessment to test their general accounting/bookkeeping knowledge.
- Kindness and willingness to learn- the right attitude is important to us as we are very relational with our clients and seek to continually make their experience of our services better.
- Experience and skill with QuickBooks Online. QuickBooks Online Proadvisor certification required or will be part of onboarding. We are 100% cloud based with all of our clients on QuickBooks Online.
- Love of technology- we use multiple cloud based applications to automate and streamline accounting processes. Technology needs to come natural to this position.
- Desire to work with a smaller firm- we offer flexibility in work schedule and hours. We are and desire to be a small firm that works hard and enjoys each other.
- Flexibility- as this role is heavily focused on month end closings, more hours are needed within the first few weeks of a month than the last few weeks. We are flexible on hours worked and once trained more flexible on remote work.
Not fully remote- this role is not considered fully remote at this time. We’d like the bookkeeper to be in the office at least once a week (more to start).
Pay for this role is between $20-$25 per hour depending on experience and efficiency.