The “Bright Eyes” program entitles qualified applicants, assistance toward one pair of eyeglasses per child, per school year.
1. All dependents of Active Duty Service members and Department of Defense employees, infant up
to 12th grade students.
2. Sponsor and family members must be assigned to and live within the Hohenfels community.
3. Dependents or their family members do not have to be members of the HCSC to participate.
4. Dependents can only receive one credit through the “Bright Eyes” Program within the current school year. The school year shall be defined as the calendar year pre-prescribed by DODEA Europe.
How it Works
1. The applicant needs to have his/her vision screened and obtain a prescription.
2. The applicant purchases a pair of prescription glasses.
3. The applicant will turn in an application form to the HCSC within thirty (30) days
of purchase, including all required documentation.
4. The HCSC will issue a credit of up to $50.00, not to exceed the purchase price,
towards a pair of glasses, until funds are exhausted.
5. Checks will be issued by the 10th of the following month and will be mailed to the applicants.