Purpose: FMDA's Quality Champion Award is presented in recognition of the skills, talents, expertise, commitment, and personal attributes that encompass quality patient-centered care.
This award honors Florida-based clinicians who work day-in and day-out to serve the most-frail population in Florida’s post-acute and long-term care (PALTC) continuum. The recipient of this award embodies the highest standards of dedication, leadership, engagement, and innovation. The recipient is personified as a cornerstone in both his or her respective field as well as within the facility(s) or roles served.
Eligibility: Physician, Medical Director, Advanced Practice Nurse, Consultant Pharmacist, and Physician Assistant practicing in PALTC for at least five years. Either the nominee or nominator must be a member of FMDA in good standing.
Nominators: Any Physician, Medical Director, Advanced Practice Nurse, Clinical Pharmacist, Assistant/ Director of Nursing, Nursing Home Administrator, Regional Nurse Consultant, patient/resident, or volunteer may nominate a worthy candidate. Nominees may not self-nominate but may be nominated by other FMDA members, colleagues, or other health professionals involved in PALTC.
Award: The recipient will be selected on the basis of the nomination eligibility criteria and through a blind committee review process. The award winner will be announced during FMDA’s 30th Anniversary Conference, Best Care Practices in the Post-Acute and Long Term-Care Continuum 2021, on Saturday, Nov. 6, 2021 at Loews Royal Pacific Resort at Universal Orlando.
Deadline: All nominations, must be received by Monday, Oct. 15, 2021. There will be no exceptions. Nomination forms may be completed online or delivered to the FMDA business office.
Instructions: Please submit supporting documentation and cite specific examples including patient and clinician comments. Also submit relevant data when available. If you require more space, you are welcome to attach a sheet to the nomination form.
1. Nominations will be reviewed by the FMDA Awards Committee.
2. Only completed nominations will be considered.
3. Candidates will not be identified by name to the Awards Committee – This will be a blind review process.
4. Current FMDA board members are not eligible during their term of office.
5. Nominees must have worked in their respective field for a minimum of five (5) years.
6. Nominees may be nominated by other members, colleagues, administrators, medical directors or any other health professional involved in long-term care.
7. Candidates may not self-nominate.
Sponsorship: FMDA’s 3rd Annual Quality Champion Award is sponsored by Optum.