As part of USGBC-LA's Green Homes: Los Angeles set of programs and resources, the Green Affordable Housing Program (GAHP) delivers community resources for reducing energy and water costs while reducing greenhouse gas emissions in multifamily apartment buildings in disadvantaged communities in the Eastern San Fernando Valley.
The selected multi-family properties will receive:
- Workshops and coffee talks in English and Spanish for owners and tenants covering occupant health and sustainable practices to help reduce utility costs;
- Enrollment assistance with LADWP programs and rebates;
- Installation of highly subsidized community EV charging stations;
- Free indoor and outdoor air quality monitoring and onsite water testing;
- Installation of free or highly subsidized heat pump space and water heating technology to lower energy costs and reduce greenhouse gas emissions; and
- Access to innovative green building technology to investigate further ways to save energy and reduce utility costs.
* Eligible properties must be located in the Eastern San Fernando Valley within these zip codes and have a minimum of 20 units.