Working with the Dickinson community to deter crime and promote public safety is the goal of the program.
Accordingly, all camera registrants agree to the following terms and conditions:
1. Registration is voluntary.
2. Registration information will only be used by the Dickinson Police Department for official purpases only; information will not be shared.
3. The Dickinson Police Department may ask a registrant to check their recordings for a specific date and time should officers determine a potential for ideo evidence in the vicinity of the registrant's surveillance system.
4. Any footage containing or related to criminal activity may be collected by the Dickinson Police Department for use as evidence during any stage of a criminal proceeding.
5. Under no circumstances will registrants construe they are acting as an agent or employee of the Dickinson Police Department.
6. Under no circumstances will the Dickinson Police Department utilize any information obtained to access or view live recordings or feeds coming directly from cameras owned by registrants.
7. If registrant wishes to withdraw from the program, please contact the Dickinson Police Department Community Resouces Officer.