Welcome to MindMoodPsychonutrition.
As a practitioner I utilise the principles and practices of Psychology, Nutritional Psychology, Naturopathy and Naturopathic Nutritional Therapy and other supportive therapies to assist the body’s own ability to heal and to improve the quality of life and health through natural means. Additionally, I’m also a registered Metabolic Balance Ⓡ Coach, trained to deliver the Metabolic Balance Ⓡ Nutritional Programme and working with clients according to its main principles.
Naturopathy and Naturopathic Nutritional Therapy assess the whole person, including mental, emotional and physical health. Nutritional Psychology seeks to understand the relationship between nutritional behaviour and emotional/mental health and wellbeing.
The Metabolic Balance Ⓡ is a personalised, evidence-based and health award-winning natural metabolic rebalancing programme and nutritional plan developed by Dr. Wolf Funfack in Germany in 2002. It is based on the person’s unique blood haematology and biochemistry test results.
Prior to your first appointment/starting your personalised and unique Metabolic Balance Ⓡ Nutritional Programme, you are required to complete a Mindmoodpsychonutrition detailed health questionnaire and a 3-day food diary as well as a Metabolic Balance Ⓡ health questionnaire/personal information form. Furthermore, without your unique blood test results, your Metabolic Balance Ⓡ Nutritional Programme cannot be generated. This is to have a better understanding of where you are in your health journey, including information about your family and previous medical history, unique blood haematology and biochemistry, eating patterns and relationship with food, and emotional and mental health needs.
I understand that you are required to fill in a substantial amount of forms and this can take a considerable amount of your time, but as a holistic practitioner it is vital for me that you complete all forms so I can best support you to achieve your health goals and start your Metabolic Balance Ⓡ Nutritional Programme.
By signing this statement of acknowledgment, you understand that:
1. I am a Psychologist, Naturopath/Naturopathic Nutritional Therapist and Metabolic Balance Ⓡ Coach and NOT a conventional medical doctor (GP). Psychology, Naturopathic Nutritional Therapy and Metabolic Balance Ⓡ Coaching are not substitutes for professional medical advice and treatment. Any treatment you receive is not mutually exclusive from any treatment or advice you may now be receiving or may receive in the future from any other licensed health care practitioner.
2. Naturopathic nutritional practitioners or Metabolic Balance Ⓡ Coaches are not permitted to diagnose or claim to treat medical conditions.
3. The methods I may use have a proven clinical foundation, yet may not be recognised or accepted by standard (allopathic) medicine. However, the Metabolic Balance Ⓡ Nutritional Programme is a health award-winning natural metabolic rebalancing programme delivered by a wide variety of health professionals, including GP’s and Doctors.
4. The treatment and/or referral to other health care practitioners is based on the assessment of your health, revealed through personal history, examination, laboratory testing, and any other appropriate method of evaluation. If I believe that your GP or other health care practitioner needs to be contacted or information needs to be shared the contact will be made via you and I will ask for your consent first.
5. Your data will not be shared to any third parties without your consent. Any data to be shared will first be sent to you so that you can review and adjust if necessary. However, for the purposes of your Metabolic Balance Ⓡ Nutritional Programme your data will be stored and shared with the personnel and organisations necessary for the creation of the food-plan. The blood test results will be evaluated only for the creation of your nutritional plan and no medical evaluation will be performed.
6. Psychosocial and naturopathic nutritional advice as well as the Metabolic Balance Ⓡ Nutritional Programme will be tailored to support medically diagnosed conditions and/or health concerns/aims agreed and identified by the two parties. Your nutritional, supplemental and psychosocial lifestyle plan will have a time frame and you should not continue with recommendations outside of this unless agreed by your naturopathic nutritional practitioner. This is to avoid any adverse reactions.
Your Metabolic Balance Ⓡ Nutritional Programme has a minimum time frame of 3 months which can be extended to 6 months upon agreement by the two parties. The Metabolic Balance Ⓡ Nutritional Programme recommendations and principles are expected to become part of your new eating and lifestyle habits carrying on after the completion of the programme.
If you are unclear about any part of your plan then you should contact me immediately for clarification.
7. I reserve the right to discontinue my services where it is apparent that your expectations and what I can provide are not in agreement.
8. I reserve the right to determine which cases fall outside my scope of practice, in which event the appropriate referral will be recommended.
9. You are not an agent of any private or government agency attempting to gather information without so stating your intentions.
10. You understand that failure to follow your personalised Metabolic Balance Ⓡ Nutritional Programme and other nutritional, lifestyle and psychosocial recommendations could undermine any expected results.
11. You are accepting or rejecting this care of your own free will.
12. The ultimate responsibility for your health care is your own and that I am here to support you in this. It is important that you tell me about any medical diagnosis you have received, any prescription medication, herbal medicine or food supplements or over the counter medication you are taking as it may affect your Metabolic Balance Ⓡ Nutritional Programme as well as you psychosocial and lifestyle plan.
13. You are responsible for contacting your GP or specialist about any health concerns you may have. Please advise your GP or specialist of the Metabolic Balance Ⓡ Nutritional Programme and/or psychosocial and lifestyle plan you will follow. Please also advise any other complementary medicine practitioners you are consulting.
14. I also recognise that even the gentlest therapies, supplements and medications potentially have their complications in certain physiological conditions, in very young children, in those on multiple medications, in pregnancy, while breastfeeding and hence the information provided is complete and inclusive of all health concerns including risk of pregnancy; all medications, including over the counter drugs and supplements. The slight health risk of some Naturopathic treatments include, but not limited to: aggravation of pre-existing symptoms, allergic reaction to supplements or herbs; pain, fainting, bruising or injury from acupuncture.
15. Understanding that prior to your first appointment/starting your personalised and unique Metabolic Balance Ⓡ Nutritional Programme, you are required to complete the forms mentioned above and perform your blood tests. Your forms need to be returned to me via email. Your blood tests results will be sent to me via an encrypted email for analysis and data input into the Metabolic Balance Ⓡ software to generate your unique food plan.
16. Understanding that a minimum of £350 deposit must be paid upfront as a requirement to start the Metabolic Balance Ⓡ Nutritional Programme. Payment facilities can be offered upon agreement or you can choose to pay the programme in full. Payments must be paid upon receipt of your invoice(s). Payments can be made via bank transfer to my business account (details provided separately via secure email). Nutritional supplements, lifestyle devices or additional blood tests are not included in the programme. They will be charged separately.
17. Notice of at least 48 hours is required for appointment cancellations, otherwise you will be charged an administration fee of £50.00. Please note that a fee will be also charged for late cancellations and missed appointments. A fair usage policy of £50 may be applied in regards to ad hoc email and telephone support in between consultations. Please understand that I do spend time preparing and researching before our appointments and I have allocated the time slots for you and not other clients. A non-charge of both fees may be discussed with me and up to my discretion.
17. As from 25th of May 2018, under the General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR), I am required by law to inform you that any data pertaining to you will be kept in a encrypted secure cloud-based storage for 7 years under a code rather than your name, and after this date it will be destroyed. This is required by my professional liability insurer, my professional organisations and HMRC.