2021 Off-Season Handbook
PO Box 1171
Gonzalez, FL 32560
Welcome to the Golden Elite Track and Field Club’s 2021 Off-Season Program!
We hope you will embrace the Golden Elite Track and Field Club as your team! We also hope that you will support it when you can while also ensuring that our children have a positive experience.
Golden Elite’s Mission:
Golden Elite's mission is to educate our community about the importance of leading a physically active, drug-free lifestyle that includes living with integrity and respect for oneself through the use of track and field.
Golden Elite’s Philosophy:
To ensure our program develops the character, mind, spirit, and body of every child. Your child is going to benefit from a strong tradition of dedication, hard work, and an uncompromising belief in every child’s need for a positive self-image. We want our athletes to have fun while also accomplishing their personal best every time they hit the track or field. Our coaching staff teaches the basic, intermediate, and advanced skills needed for success in every track & field event.
What to expect from off-season training:
● New athletes will learn the fundamentals of track and field
● Our head coach will assess each child to see which events fit their current physical abilities and future potential
● Existing athletes will maintain the necessary conditioning needed for the outdoor Spring/Summer season.
What to wear/bring to practice:
● Face mask ( Which will be worn when having group discussions and not while working out)
● Water in a LABELED water bottle (PLEASE LABEL YOUR BOTTLES WITH YOUR CHILD’S NAME)
● Running shoes (NO basketball, football, or high top cleats, shoes, or sneakers are allowed)
● Running shorts or sweatpants (NO jeans or basketball shorts will be allowed)
COVID-19 Practice Policy
In the wake of the COVID-19 Pandemic, Golden Elite has re-evaluated its practice policy so that it can adhere to the CDC’s, state, and local guidelines.
(Which can be found here https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/community/guidance-business-response.html
1. All practices are voluntary.
2. Each practice group is limited to 9 or fewer athletes. Athletes are separated into different areas to adhere to social distancing guidelines.
3. Each athlete will have their temperature checked upon arrival to practice.
4. If your child has any of the following they must be cleared to practice by a physician
● A fever of 100.4 degrees Fahrenheit or higher
● A cough, sneezing, shortness of breath
● Body aches or general malaise
● A positive test for Covid-19
● Close contact with anyone in the household who exhibits or possesses any of the above symptoms
5. All coaches and volunteer staff members will do a mandatory COVID-19 screening every week to ensure everyone’s safety.
6. All equipment will be thoroughly sanitized after each practice.
COVID-19 TEAM VAN TRANSPORTATION POLICY
To provide safe transportation to and from practice, please adhere to the following:
1. Parents must notify Coach Mike or Ms. Cheryl A MINIMUM OF 24 HOURS before the date on which their athlete will need transportation.
2. Athletes will have their temperature checked before entering the van.
3. Athletes must wear a mask on the van (parents are to provide this mask along with a Ziploc back to place the mask in when the athlete is not wearing it).
4. The van will be thoroughly disinfected after each use.
5. Parents will be notified of their athlete’s estimated time of pickup the day before. Please guarantee that your child is ready to go at the designated time. This will help the Club adhere to its tight and busy schedule.
6. Athletes aged 10 and older will be the only ones eligible for the pickup via the team van.
Off-Season Fees (Saturday and Sunday)
Tiny Tots Ages 4-6 $25 per child (1-hour session)
Ages 7-18 $35 per child (2-hour session)
● Membership/insurance card
● Training from September 18, 2021-December 19, 2020
*Payment is due on or before the first practice
ALL FEES ARE NON-REFUNDABLE
We accept cash; personal checks, money orders, and debit/credit cards via PayPal Invoice. *Please note that a processing fee of $2.2%+$0.30 per child will be charged when using a debit/credit card* Return check fee of $30 will be charged
Practice Schedule (2 days a week):
Tiny Tots Athletes ages 4-6 SIX SLOTS AVAILABLE
Athletes ages 7-18
Please note that all athletes must be on time! If your child is more than 15 minutes late, they will NOT be allowed to practice!