Petroleum Distribution Transportation, LLC has made a commitment of safety, service, and quality to both our employees and customers Petroleum Distribution Transportation, LLC mandates that our employees operate all vehicles owned or used by Petroleum Distribution Transportation, LLC in a safe and economical manner. The following summarizes policy guidelines:
1. Vehicles are not to be operated unless in a safe operating condition.
2. Drivers must be physically and mentally able to drive safely.
3. Drivers must confine to all traffic laws with allowances made for adverse weather and traffic conditions.
4. Respect the rights of other drivers and pedestrians. Courtesy is contagious.
5. Drivers may not use drugs or alcohol, or be under the influence of drugs or alcohol, while operating a vehicle owned by or used by Petroleum Distribution Transportation, LLC.
All accidents are to be reported to management of Petroleum Distribution Transportation, LLC twenty-four (24) hours after the accident occurs. All accidents will be reviewed and determination made as either preventable or non-preventable. A preventable accident is defined as an accident in which the driver failed to do everything reasonably possible to avoid the accident.
Motor Vehicle Records (MVRs) will periodically be checked on all employees where driving is a part of their job. The MVR will be reviewed to ascertain if the employee holds a valid license and their driving record is within the parameters set by company management. MVR checks which reveal:
1. Three (3) or more traffic violations and/or at fault accidents over a three (3) year period for drivers age 25 and older, two (2) traffic violations and/or at fault accidents for drivers age 18 through 24, or one (I) traffic violation and/or at fault accident for drivers 17 and under; or
2. One or more of the following type of serious traffic convictions within the past 3 years:
- Possession of acontrolled substance;
- driving while under the influence or while disabled by use of drugs;
- Refusal to take a breath analyzer test;
- leaving the scene of an accident without reporting it;
- Homicide, assault, or criminal negligence resulting from the operation of a vehicle;
- driving while license is suspended or revoked;
- Reckless or dangerous driving, which results in injury to a person;
- and/or passing a stopped schoolbus;
Will disqualify the employee from driving company vehicles, or those vehicles in the care and custody of Petroleum Distribution Transportation, LLC. Violations include seat belt violations, but do not include such non-moving violations as weight violations or improper or inadequately maintained equipment.
The use of radar detectors is forbidden in all vehicles owned or used by Petroleum Distribution Transportation, LLC. Drivers using radar detectors will have their driving privileges revoked.
All occupants must wear seat belts whenever the vehicle is in motion.
Cargo will be secured and all doors locked while en route and while the vehicle is in motion