The Glencoe-Silver Lake School District is offering a limited number of mobile devices for students to be able to check out for use at home in the event of needing to transition to Distance Learning. This form is giving pre-consent that you are allowing your student to take a device home for distance learning. In the event we need to switch learning models school staff will verify the device is in working order before your student takes it home. When your student returns to school, School staff will again inspect the device for any damages or issues and notify the IT Department. This program enables students who might not have a device at home to be able to use a school device to complete assigned work from school. The program is intended to help Glencoe-Silver Lake students access online resources at home. By signing this form, the parent agrees to assume all responsibility for equipment signed out to the student. A replacement fee will be charged if the device is lost, damaged, or missing the provided branded chargers and cords, or not returned. The fees are: $299 for an iPad, $20 for an iPad Charging Cord, $20 for an iPad charging power adapter, $20 for a Chromebook Charger and $240 for a Chromebook.
• Students are expected to use the device appropriately for educational purposes.
• Students may not install software or download apps without the direct permission from the instructor or the Technology Department.
• Students are responsible for saving or backing up their own work or files.
• Students must follow all guidelines in the Technology Acceptable Use Contract.
• Parents must sign this agreement form.
• Parents should help to ensure that only the student is using the device and that it is being used appropriately.
• Any damage to the device must be reported immediately to the instructor or the Technology Department.
• Ensure that all guidelines in the technology Acceptable Use Contract that was signed at the beginning of the year are followed.