The NASPA Foundation, in partnership with NASPA, is excited to offer a scholarship opportunity designed to keep NASPA members connected to the field and the Association during the unprecedented impacts of the COVID-19 pandemic. Donor gifts have allowed for scholarships to directly support membership.
Scholarships are open for any NASPA member or potential member employed at a higher education institution* in need of financial assistance, including those without institutional support for professional development. Please review the terms and eligibility requirements below before applying.
*Transitional Members and Student Affiliate Members are not required to be employed at a higher education institution.
- Transitional Members - full funding - This membership type is reserved for those who have been furloughed or laid off due to the COVID-19 pandemic. You must apply separately to receive a Transitional Membership, then you may apply for the scholarship in order to receive full funding.
- Undergraduate and Graduate Student Affiliates - full funding - You must be a student who does not work at a higher education institution.
- Professional Affiliates - 50% funding (member dues reduced from $80 to $40) - You must be employed at a higher education institution.
- Associate Affiliates - funding for the difference between Associate Affiliate and Professional Affiliate rates (member dues reduced from $250 to $80) - You must be employed at a higher education institution.
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis in order of expiration date. Applicants will be contacted within 7 business days of their application submission. Scholarships are currently available until funding is expended, whichever comes first. The NASPA Foundation will extend the program as needed.
Terms and Eligibility Requirements:
- Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis in order of expiration date.
- Applicants will be contacted within 7 business days of their application submission.
- Applicants who purchase a membership while the application is in process will no longer be eligible to receive a scholarship. If you apply for a membership scholarship, do not purchase a membership until receiving NASPA's decision on your application. In the event that your application is approved, NASPA will provide an invoice to pay for your membership, if applicable.
- Scholarships are open for anyone in the field (both current members* and non-members) in need, with preference given to individuals in financial hardship, recently graduated, and/or without institutional support for professional development. *Those with current memberships that will expire within 90 days of submitting their application are eligible to apply.
- You must be employed at a higher education institution to qualify for the Foundation Membership Scholarship, unless you are a Transitional Member or Student Affiliate Member. If you are unemployed, please consider the Transitional Membership available to those who have been furloughed or laid off due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Foundation Membership Scholarships are not awarded consecutively. If you received a member scholarship (Foundation Membership Scholarship or Transitional Member Scholarship) for your most recent previous membership, you may not apply for a scholarship again until the following membership year.
- Scholarships are currently available until funding is expended. The NASPA Foundation will extend the program as needed.
For questions about this scholarship, please email email@example.com