1. For good and valuable consideration (the receipt and sufficiency of which I hereby acknowledge), I give you, your subsidiary and affiliated companies, successors, assigns and licensees irrevocable permission to use, without payment or limitation, any portion of my interview and/or performance (the “Performance”), as taped and edited by you, in and in connection with advertising, publicizing, exhibiting and exploiting the television program and related ancillary products (including but not limited to, merchandising and commercial tie-ins) being produced by you currently entitled “Canada's Ultimate Challenge" (the “Program”) throughout the world, in perpetuity, in all media, whether now known or hereafter devised. I hereby acknowledge that you have no obligation to use my Performance in the Program. I hereby waive in favour of you and your successors, assigns and licensees all moral rights of whatsoever nature in and to my Performance.
2. I release you, the Producer, its parent and related companies, its and their respective subsidiaries, affiliates and licensees, and each of their respective officers, agents, representatives, employees, successors and assigns, jointly and individually (hereinafter collectively referred to as the “Released Parties”), from any claims or actions I may make arising out of use of my Performance in the promotion, production, broadcast and exploitation of the Program, including without limitation, any and all claims for invasion of privacy, infringement of my right of publicity, defamation and any other personal and/or property rights. I understand that you are proceeding with the production, distribution and exploitation of the Program in reliance upon and induced by the foregoing permission.
3. I agree to keep strictly confidential all information about the Program that I acquire during my participation in the Program.
4. I acknowledge that I may not terminate or rescind the permission granted to you hereunder to use and photograph the Performance. In the event of any claim by me against you or the Released Parties, whether or not material, I shall be limited to my remedy at law for damages, if any, and I may not enjoin, restrain or interfere with the use of the Performance as provided in this agreement or the production, distribution, exhibition or exploitation of the Program or the exploitation of any of your rights hereunder.
5. This agreement shall also serve to confirm that I have the authority to grant to you, your successors, assigns and licensees the right to use the Performance and that your exercise of such rights shall not violate or infringe any rights of any third party, whether personal or proprietary.
6. I acknowledge that I have not entered into this agreement in reliance upon any representation (written or oral, express or implied) by you not contained herein. This release shall inure to the benefit of and be binding upon the Released Parties’ successors, licensees and assigns.
7. I agree that you and your successors, assigns and licensees are entitled to assign or license your rights hereunder to any third party. This is the entire agreement between us. This agreement shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the Province of Ontario and the laws of Canada as applicable therein.
8. I agree that you shall have the right to change the title of the Program in your sole discretion.
9. I further agree that the Canadian Broadcasting Corporation and the Gurin Company may rely on this agreement and are each express, intended, third party beneficiaries of this agreement.