Event Rules and Regulations - Terms and Conditions
Greenacres Sunday Market and Bazaar 2021-2022 Season
pottc doc-rev. 12021380
1. The Event will provide a 10’x10’ space. Only one vendor per space, NO Subletting or Sharing of Space Allowed.
2. Vendor will provide their own canopy, tables, chairs, booth lighting, extension cords, displays, signage, etc.
3. Vendor may only sell or work from the confines of their booth. If more space is required, please purchase additional space.
4. Vendor shall not call out to, interfere with or solicit patrons at neighboring booths.
5. Vendor shall not relocate, move, switch or trade booth space without the express consent of POTTC Events.
6. The use of amplified sound must be pre-approved by POTTC Events and may not be disruptive to neighboring booths.
7. Your signage cannot be displayed anywhere within the event other than at your assigned booth.
8. Your canopy must fit within your booth space and be constructed to withstand inclement weather conditions.
9. Canopies must be adequately weighted and or tied down. Vendors are solely responsible for any and all damages caused by their canopies. Failure to properly secure your canopy may result in your removal from the event, forfeiture of your booth space and or subject you to being cited or charged with causing a public safety hazard by local law enforcement.
10. Canopies must have an attached label or tag affirming it was manufactured of flame-retardant materials.
11. Canopy Size: Canopies larger than 10’x10’ may require an additional permit at certain venues. (Please inquire if over 10’ x 10’)
12. Open Flames or cooking with open flame is prohibited under canopies next to other vendors, e.g. barbeque, smoker, etc.
13. Umbrellas: Free standing or weighted shade umbrellas are prohibited due to concerns over event insurance liabilities.
14. Fire Extinguishers: It is recommended that all vendors have a fire extinguisher at their booth. It is however, Mandatory that All Food & Amusement Vendors have adequate fire extinguishing equipment at their booth space with current certification tag attached and ready for inspection by the Fire Marshal, this includes a Class K extinguisher if fryers are used.
15. All fees must be paid in full prior to occupying booth space. Possession of an unpaid booth space shall be construed as theft.
16. Booth Fees are non-refundable. With the exception of your application being rejected; your check will then be marked void and destroyed. Please provide a self-addressed stamped envelope if you wish to have your voided check returned to you.
17. Returned Check Fee: Checks retuned by the bank will be charged against the issuer in accordance with Florida law.
18. Stop Payment: The issuance of a stop payment, hold, chargeback, reversal or cancellation of payment shall be construed as theft and may result in criminal prosecution or civil litigation to recover treble damages including fees and costs of collection.
19. Confirmation or rejection of acceptance will be sent via e-mail or US Mail if requested and your S.A.S.E. is provided. Submission of an application does not guarantee your acceptance. Application fees are non-refundable. Checks may be cashed upon receipt. If your check is cashed and you are later rejected, your booth fee will then be promptly refunded.
20. POTTC Events reserves the right to move, discontinue, or limit the participation of any approved applicant at any time.
21. Cancelations: Barring dangerous or life threatening conditions, Event will be held rain or shine. There will be no refund for inclement weather, force majeure, civil unrest, failure to show, emergency cancellation, or any reason other than the rejection of your application. Visit Greenacres Sunday Market on Facebook for updates.
22. Space assignments: Vendor Spaces are assigned on a first come basis relating to the date your application and payments are received in addition to other criteria such as category type, booth appearance and what we believe will best enhance the event.
23. Power: Power may be available but is limited at this location.
24. GENERATORS: Only Quiet Generators will be permitted. If your generator is deemed by Event Staff to be disruptive or hazardous to your neighbors or the event, you must agree to immediately discontinue its use.
25. SECURITY: Although security may be provided, Vendors are fully responsible for their own personal property and wares.
26. INSURANCE: The event does not offer nor provide individual vendor insurance coverage. Neither POTTC Events nor the City of Greenacres shall assume liability for any losses that you may incur.
27. LICENSES: Vendors are solely responsible for maintaining their compliance with relevant state, local, and federal health regulations, codes, licenses, and insurance.
28. SALES TAX: Vendors are responsible for collecting and reporting their own sales tax.
29. Approved Applicants agree to sign a WAIVER OF LIABILITY before occupying a booth space.
30. Conduct: You are required to conduct yourself in a safe, courteous and professional manner. If you should have an issue with the event or a fellow vendor, promptly bring the matter to the attention of POTTC Events so that we may attempt to remedy the situation. Unprofessional conduct that may be detrimental to the event including disparaging or derogatory comments made to patrons or fellow vendors regarding the event, its staff, promoters and or sponsors may result in your expulsion from the event and further subject you to civil litigation for damages.
31. Compliance: Vendor further agrees to comply with all current health and public safety mandates associated with the Green Market while on municipal property. Failure to comply with the Rules and Regulations governing this event may result in your expulsion from the event without refund in addition to being barred from future events. Respectful cooperation with local authorities is mandatory (I.e. State, County, & City Employees, Event Staff and Volunteers).
32. Exclusivity will not be granted to any one vendor; however precautions will be taken to limit duplication of similar items. Sales will be restricted to those items listed on your approved application. You will be notified prior to acceptance if any of your listed items are required to be removed from your item list. Only sponsoring companies or entities may request exclusivity on certain products and services, if their request is granted; affected vendors will be notified prior to the event of their new limitations. If an affected vendor is not able to accept their new limitations, they may request to have their application rejected, and receive a refund in the amount of their booth fee. The vendor further agrees and understands that they are not entitled to receive any additional compensation.
33. Vendor selling items not approved on their application may be subject to one or more of the following: Confiscation of the unapproved item(s), a monetary fine of $200.00 (payable on demand), and or your expulsion from the event without refund. The Sales of Fire Arms, Tobacco, Weapons, Obscene Materials, Stolen Merchandise, and Illegal Paraphernalia are strictly forbidden.
34. ALCOHOL shall not be sold without the express written approval of POTTC Events and the City of Greenacres.
35. VENDOR PARKING: Vendors must park in designated vendor parking areas only. Repeat offenders may be banned from the market and forfeit any credit or refund.
36. SET UP: After you check-in, you will be directed to your assigned booth space. Vendors may drive up and promptly load or unload from directly in front of their booth spaces. (Your vehicle must be attended at all times while loading/unloading)
37. Vehicle Safety: Do attempt to bring your vehicle into the market at any time as this is strictly prohibited. Violators may be charged with causing a public safety hazard and issued a citation by local law enforcement.
38. PACK UP: No early pack up! Vendor booths are required to remain open for the duration of the event. When the event is officially over, break down your display and pack up your booth before bringing your vehicle to the park’s perimeter.
39. Clean Up: Vendors are responsible for removal of all trash & waste from their boothIf your Space requires cleaning by Event Staff, a $50 Cleanup fee will be charged to you. Please breakdown boxes and place in or next to the market’s including but not limited to trash, boxes, displays, canopies, vehicles or trailers are to be left behind. trashcans. No item(s), Failure to comply may result in the issuance of a citation and or the loss of future participation.
40. Photos or video including sound, may be taken at this event of you, your booth, and or your products or works and used to promote this and future events by POTTC Events and or its affiliates without compensation or benefit to you.
41. Event hours or days may be changed or adjusted due to forces of nature or occurrences beyond our reasonable control. Such changes will not be considered a breach of this agreement and will not constitute grounds for a refund.
42. GENERAL: This Agreement shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of Florida, without giving effect to the principles of its conflict of law provisions. The Parties to this Agreement agree and consent to the jurisdiction of, and venue in the state or federal courts of Florida in all disputes arising out of or relating to this Agreement. If any provision of this Agreement is declared invalid or void by statute or judicial decision, any such action shall not invalidate the entire Agreement. It is the express intention of the Parties that all other provisions not declared invalid or void shall remain in full force and effect. This Agreement shall be deemed as drafted by both of the Parties and, thus, shall not be construed against any Party because that Party initially drafted any particular section, term or provision.
43. Signatures used to secure booth space, whether created by hand or electronic device and or delivered via facsimile, email, or any other means, shall be deemed an original signature and shall carry the same authorization hereto.
44. Enforcement of these rules and regulations - terms and conditions are at the sole discretion of POTTC Events. Failure to enforce said terms and conditions shall not be grounds for breach of contract. POTTC Events reserves the right to make final interpretation of all event rules.
45. Food /Amusement vendors must provide a valid copy of their business license and are required to maintain a general liability insurance policy with a minimum coverage of $1,000,000/$2,000,000/$300,000. Prior to your acceptance you will be notified and asked to supply a Certificate of Insurance naming POTTC Events, the City of Greenacres, each as Additional Insured.
*** IF YOU DO NOT UNDERSTAND THIS AGREEMENT, SEEK CLARIFICATION FROM A LEGAL ADVISOR.***
This document and the contents herein are the sole property of POTTC Events. Absent the express written consent of POTTC, any use, reproduction; in whole or in part, is an infringement upon the intellectual property of POTTC Events and will be enforced to the fullest extent of the law. ©2021 POTTC Events.