The Girl Advisory Board to Girl Scouts of New Mexico Trails works with the CEO, board of directors, and Girl Scout volunteers on key projects and initiatives aligned to council and service unit strategy and provides critical customer insight and innovative ideas to serve girls in the 21st Century.
Members of the Girl Advisory Board will make recommendations, contribute to key initiatives, participate in planning activities for other older girls, and influence decision-making processes at our council. Girls gain experience creating change in a nonprofit organization, receive hands-on training, professional development opportunities, and skill development.
Girl Advisory Board members serve for up to two years or until their high school graduation, whichever comes first.
The Girl Advisory Board will meet via Zoom at the following times:
Saturday, August 13 9:00 am - 10:00 am
Thursday, September 8 3:30 pm - 4:30 pm
Saturday, October 8 9:00 am - 10:00 am
Thursday, November 10 3:30 pm - 4:30 pm
Saturday, December 10 9:00 am - 10:00 am
Thursday, January 12 3:30 pm - 4:30 pm
Saturday, February 11 9:00 am - 10:00 am
Thursday, March 9 3:30 pm - 4:30 pm
Saturday, April 8 9:00 am - 10:00 am
Thursday, May 11 3:30 pm - 4:30 pm
● Enrolled in 7th – 12th grade for Fall 2022.
● Registered as a Girl Scout at the time of application (if accepted, girls must renew their membership by the start of the new membership year, October 1).
● Genuine interest in taking on a leadership role at the council level of Girl Scouts.
● Ability to communicate with your peers and with adults using email and text messages.
● Ability to work well independently and on a team.
● Committed to using technology as a platform for research and communication.