TERMS AND CONDITIONS: The Lessor agrees to allow the Lessee the right to use the OHC Center Rink under the following conditions:
1. No person under the age of 18 shall be the signing authority of this agreement. The individuals who use the facility will conduct their behavior in a positive fashion and be under the immediate supervision and control of the individual who undertakes the responsibility to rent the ice surface.
2. The Lessee will pay the full balance of the ice surface rental fee or any monies due to the Overtime Hockey Company Inc. as outlined herein. Block Rental will be invoiced monthly. One Time Rental must pay prior to rental.
3. Rental time is the actual time booked for the ice surface. Ice time is based on a 50 minutes hour with the final 10 minutes of booked ice being dedicated for ice maintenance which is at the sole discretion of OHC Staff (flood, scrap or shovel) depending on the ice quality.
4. The Lessee may have use of the following: ice surface, score clock.
5. Any damages done to the facility by the Lessee shall be charged against the Lessee. It will be up to the Lessee to gain restitution from visiting clubs/organizations.
6. All teams will vacate the building within 10 minutes after rental. If rooms are not vacated within 10 minutes additional charges may be applied.
7. Youth groups using the facility must be accompanied by a responsible adult.
8. The facility and its grounds are considered a smoke free building/property. Any person or team that contravenes will be liable to lose their contract(s).
9. Alcohol is not permitted on the premises unless a liquor license is obtained. Any person or team that contravenes will be liable to lose their contract(s).
10. The Lessee shall keep off the ice during the scraping and flooding thereof and shall not go on to the ice until the resurfacing unit is completely off the ice and the ice resurfacer door is closed. If this procedure is not followed, the Facility Operator will be instructed to discontinue flooding or shovelling snow and leave the ice as is until everyone has cleared the ice surface.
11. No one is allowed on the ice surface wearing regular footwear (shoes, boot, etc.) unless wearing a CSA approved helmet.
12. The Lessee must maintain proper crowd control when they are using the facility for games or activities involving large numbers of people. If in the opinion of the Management of the facility this is not being carried out, the Lessor will hire people to police the event at the Lessee’s expense.
13. It is the responsibility of the groups/individuals using the facility to safeguard personal belongings/equipment. The Lessor will not be responsible for stolen items.
14. Overtime Hockey Center strongly recommends that CSA approved safety equipment including head, eye/facial protection be worn by all participants. The user shall advise their participants to wear such protection. The user shall have available an adequate first aid kit.
15. At any time the facility staff feels that an unsafe ice condition may exist, the Lessee may be asked to leave the ice surface until the ice surface is deemed safe. If this occurs and the permit must be forfeited, a refund will be given.
16. The Lessee must request in writing to the Program Director, the permission to allow vendors to sell goods or services in the facility during tournaments or events. (i.e. food/concession, apparel, photography, retail, etc.).
17. Patrons entering these premises voluntarily assume all risks and dangers incidental to any and all events.
18. Any participant injured or in need of medical attention is require to report the incident to the Facility Operator on duty at the time of the incident.
19. All details pertaining to ice booking are to be between the Lessor and the Lessee. No trading or rebooking shall take place between users.
20. Canceled bookings must be made 7 days in advance. No refunds will be given for cancelled bookings within the 7 days.